Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Missing Files?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Missing Files? Empty Sims 4 Missing Files?

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 20:18

Hello, I just uninstalled the sims 4 completely because of the virus message then reinstalled everything with the latest fix.  The game still will not launch and I'm getting a message that there is/are missing file(s).  Please help Sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Missing Files? Empty Re: Sims 4 Missing Files?

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 20:21

Hi there! Smile

Please, download our Ultimate Fix from this link here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

It has a guide included. Follow the instructions carefully and let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 20:25

Hi thanks for responding so quickly.  As I stated, I've already installed the latest fix.  Unless this is a new one as of today, I'm not sure it will work.  Is there another solution?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 20:30

JustZayne wrote:Hi thanks for responding so quickly.  As I stated, I've already installed the latest fix.  Unless this is a new one as of today, I'm not sure it will work.  Is there another solution?

I see. What antivirus do you have? Did you make sure to add all of the folders from the install location to your antivirus Exceptions list? Those are _Installer, Game, Data, and Support from Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Also add the Bin folder inside the Game one. Then, apply the Ultimate Fix again.

Another thing you could try is temporarily disable your antivirus and re-download the Ultimate Fix. Copy the folders again and see how it goes. Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 20:34

Ok, the moving the bin file is what I skipped.  I don't see one in the ultimate fix rar file.  Should it be there or do I need to look someplace else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 20:40

JustZayne wrote:Ok, the moving the bin file is what I skipped.  I don't see one in the ultimate fix rar file.  Should it be there or do I need to look someplace else?

Don't worry, it's inside the Game folder in the Ultimate Fix. What I meant is that you should add that location to the Exceptions list, too, to make sure. Some antivirus will ignore subfolders in the exclusions if they are not added by themselves, so you should add the Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin location to that list.

Also, did you install the vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe inside Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist? If you did already, try Repairing them or uninstalling and reinstalling them to see if it helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 20:48

Tried everything and I'm still getting the missing file message.  I'm going to completely uninstall and reinstall once more to see if that works.  I'll keep you posted for anyone else trying to fix this issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 20:50

JustZayne wrote:Tried everything and I'm still getting the missing file message.  I'm going to completely uninstall and reinstall once more to see if that works.  I'll keep you posted for anyone else trying to fix this issue.

Yes, please keep us posted about your progress. And could you tell us the exact error message you are getting, too? It could help make things clearer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 21:22

Unfortunately, clearing the game from my computer and reinstalling didn't help.  I'm still getting the same error message Sad

Sims 4 Missing Files? <a href=Sims 4 Missing Files? ErrorMessage_zps9e788bfe" />

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Nov 2014, 15:01

JustZayne wrote:Unfortunately, clearing the game from my computer and reinstalling didn't help.  I'm still getting the same error message Sad

Sims 4 Missing Files? <a href=Sims 4 Missing Files? ErrorMessage_zps9e788bfe" />

Hi again! Smile

What antivirus do you have, exactly? Have you tried disabling it temporarily and then applying the Ultimate Fix again? Also make sure that you don't have other security software that may be interfering with the game. 

I noticed you created another topic for this same problem. If you already have this topic here, you must post about that problem here exclusively, instead of creating multiple topics. I will delete the other one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Nov 2014, 15:21

I just finished uninstalling everything and reinstalling after disabling my antivirus (AVG).  I'm still getting the same error message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 28 Nov 2014, 15:12

Hello,

Apologies for the late reply!
Please join the Forum's Chatbox when you see me online on the Forum. I'll try to solve the issue for you via TeamViewer.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Dec 2014, 19:53

this is for sure bad CC!! I had the problem too and I found out what cc it was..I hope you can find it too! I had a problem with these 2 files, maybe you too! 
Censored

Helper edit: Please, remember that posting links to outside content is not permitted. I have censored your link. For more information, take a look at the rule 6 of the Forum here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/register
-SeoY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top