Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC/Mods not showing up in game [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CC/Mods not showing up in game [SOLVED] Empty CC/Mods not showing up in game [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov 2014, 03:00

I've tried both with putting my mods folder in only Program files (x86)> Electronic Arts >Sims 3 > game > bin
& I tried again copying another mods folder in Documents > Electronic arts > Sims 3

Either way the mods/CC arent showing up in the game WhatDidUJustCallMe? I didnt bury the mods in many sub folders this time either. 

This is what it looks like through  Documents > Electronic arts > Sims 3 :

CC/Mods not showing up in game [SOLVED] Temp11
CC/Mods not showing up in game [SOLVED] Temp210
I dont have anymore folders inside of those 5, in those are just mods/cc. 

This is through Program files(x86)> Electronic Arts >Sims 3 > game > bin :

CC/Mods not showing up in game [SOLVED] Temp310

This is what the Resource looks like.
CC/Mods not showing up in game [SOLVED] Temp410

I Also get this message whenever I open the Sim Launcher :
CC/Mods not showing up in game [SOLVED] Temp12

Back to top Go down

CC/Mods not showing up in game [SOLVED] Empty Re: CC/Mods not showing up in game [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov 2014, 06:18

Hi there! Smile

Please, remember that the Mods folder must be put in the folder from Documents, not in the one from Program Files. Delete the one you put in there, and leave just the one in Documents. 

And the problem you are having is that the folder must be named "Mods". If you name it anything else, like "The Sims 3 Mods" it will not be recognized by the game. So, rename it back to "Mods" and see if they work properly now. 

About the error in the Launcher, it's completely harmless, and just annoying. You may ignore it and continue as normal. 

You were already asked to keep questions in the topic that you have still open here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18526-can-i-transfer-my-sims-3-game-from-one-computer-to-another
So, if you have any follow up questions, you should post them there.

Thank you in advance, and good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

CC/Mods not showing up in game [SOLVED] Empty Re: CC/Mods not showing up in game [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Nov 2014, 11:27

Jiae....

Yes, what SeoY said. Inform yourself about how to install .package files (mods, CC, etc.) in The Sims 3 - here:

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files.pdf

This has all the information you need. The name of the "Mods" folder MUST be Mods and not anything else (like "Sims 3 Mods" in your case). Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 02:00

Thanks, The problem is solved now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 02:11

jiae wrote:Thanks, The problem is solved now Smile

Glad to hear that! Very Happy

Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top