Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uninstalled Packages & Mods still showing up in game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uninstalled Packages & Mods still showing up in game. [SOLVED] Empty Uninstalled Packages & Mods still showing up in game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 15:44

So over the passed few days I have been doing a major clean up on my computer. I uninstalled all of my sims games, even went through and cleared out everything in my folders and even my computer's registry so there was absolutely nothing left on my computer. I started fresh. I re-installed my games, chose different cc and mods to put in and what not and when I go to play, everything that was there before that should not be there is. There's hair that I deleted prior to uninstalling, even Jonha Sliders are in there. I completely wiped my computer of all things sims related. And when I say wiped everything, I mean everything. There wasn't anything left, I completely started over. Yet, here are all these mods and packages that aren't supposed to be there. My game is patched. Everything is as it should be. I've never had this problem before until I started merging my files together to get my game to run smoother. But I know how to do that correctly so it's not like I still have the unwanted files in my game. I always deleted, remerge, blah blah blah. I don't know what could be causing this but it's a hassle for me to un-install my games and I'd really prefer not to have to do it again. If someone could help me, that'd be greaaaaaat. Help Help

Back to top Go down

Uninstalled Packages & Mods still showing up in game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Uninstalled Packages & Mods still showing up in game. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Feb 2015, 18:19

stfutwitch wrote:So over the passed few days I have been doing a major clean up on my computer. I uninstalled all of my sims games, even went through and cleared out everything in my folders and even my computer's registry so there was absolutely nothing left on my computer. I started fresh. I re-installed my games, chose different cc and mods to put in and what not and when I go to play, everything that was there before that should not be there is. There's hair that I deleted prior to uninstalling, even Jonha Sliders are in there. I completely wiped my computer of all things sims related. And when I say wiped everything, I mean everything. There wasn't anything left, I completely started over. Yet, here are all these mods and packages that aren't supposed to be there. My game is patched. Everything is as it should be. I've never had this problem before until I started merging my files together to get my game to run smoother. But I know how to do that correctly so it's not like I still have the unwanted files in my game. I always deleted, remerge, blah blah blah. I don't know what could be causing this but it's a hassle for me to un-install my games and I'd really prefer not to have to do it again. If someone could help me, that'd be greaaaaaat. Help Help

Hello stfutwitch, 

You didn't mention it directly, but did you also make sure to delete or move the folder "The Sims 3", located in Documents/Electronic Arts ? If you want a complete "purge", you must either move the folder or delete it straight away. 

Lady ElDi wrote a guide back then, to remove all installed .sims3pack files:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

In addition to that, please make sure to remove the folder "Mods", inside your folder The Sims 3. This is for removing files with the .package file format. Good luck and keep us posted ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Uninstalled Packages & Mods still showing up in game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Uninstalled Packages & Mods still showing up in game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 18:29

Carlos wrote:
stfutwitch wrote:So over the passed few days I have been doing a major clean up on my computer. I uninstalled all of my sims games, even went through and cleared out everything in my folders and even my computer's registry so there was absolutely nothing left on my computer. I started fresh. I re-installed my games, chose different cc and mods to put in and what not and when I go to play, everything that was there before that should not be there is. There's hair that I deleted prior to uninstalling, even Jonha Sliders are in there. I completely wiped my computer of all things sims related. And when I say wiped everything, I mean everything. There wasn't anything left, I completely started over. Yet, here are all these mods and packages that aren't supposed to be there. My game is patched. Everything is as it should be. I've never had this problem before until I started merging my files together to get my game to run smoother. But I know how to do that correctly so it's not like I still have the unwanted files in my game. I always deleted, remerge, blah blah blah. I don't know what could be causing this but it's a hassle for me to un-install my games and I'd really prefer not to have to do it again. If someone could help me, that'd be greaaaaaat. Help Help

Hello stfutwitch, 

You didn't mention it directly, but did you also make sure to delete or move the folder "The Sims 3", located in Documents/Electronic Arts ? If you want a complete "purge", you must either move the folder or delete it straight away. 

Lady ElDi wrote a guide back then, to remove all installed .sims3pack files:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

In addition to that, please make sure to remove the folder "Mods", inside your folder The Sims 3. This is for removing files with the .package file format. Good luck and keep us posted ! Smile 

Yessum I deleted every folder that I was supposed to when I uninstalled everything. My internet connection has been junk for like a week now so I'm really not trying to redownload anything because it takes a million years. And since my sims 3 pets is through origin, I always have to re-download it when I want to install it again. Which takes all day and night. Not to mention I'm about to run out of data so I can't really really download any large files anyway. So I'm trying to figure out how to fix this without uninstalling:/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Feb 2015, 18:44

stfutwitch wrote:
Yessum I deleted every folder that I was supposed to when I uninstalled everything. My internet connection has been junk for like a week now so I'm really not trying to redownload anything because it takes a million years. And since my sims 3 pets is through origin, I always have to re-download it when I want to install it again. Which takes all day and night. Not to mention I'm about to run out of data so I can't really really download any large files anyway. So I'm trying to figure out how to fix this without uninstalling:/

As for your custom content, as very simple "fix" is that you simply rename the folder "The Sims 3" (located in Documents/Electronic Arts). That way, your old stuff doesn't get "recognized" anymore by the game. And when you play the next time, a fresh folder will be created by the game, with no content whatsoever. 

As for Origin, look in your Options for something like "keep installers after downloading". That way you shouldn't have to re-download Origin games every time you un-install something.

Feel free to post back whenever you want. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 19:18

Carlos wrote:
stfutwitch wrote:

As for your custom content, as very simple "fix" is that you simply rename the folder "The Sims 3" (located in Documents/Electronic Arts). That way, your old stuff doesn't get "recognized" anymore by the game. And when you play the next time, a fresh folder will be created by the game, with no content whatsoever. 

As for Origin, look in your Options for something like "keep installers after downloading". That way you shouldn't have to re-download Origin games every time you un-install something.

Feel free to post back whenever you want. Smile 
I read on another website earlier that if the files are still appearing in my game even though they aren't in there and it's a completely new game folder, that they're hiding in my computer somewhere. I have searched everything and everywhere and I don't see anything. It's all new. This is so frustrating -.-

//EDIT

I don't know what type of voodoo you put on my game, but it worked! Thank you(:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Feb 2015, 19:43

stfutwitch wrote:I read on another website earlier that if the files are still appearing in my game even though they aren't in there and it's a completely new game folder, that they're hiding in my computer somewhere. I have searched everything and everywhere and I don't see anything. It's all new. This is so frustrating -.-

//EDIT

You probably did something with the folder "The Sims 3", but whatever you did, it's good to hear it's working now. Smile  Is there anything else I can help you with ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 20:10

Carlos wrote:
stfutwitch wrote:I read on another website earlier that if the files are still appearing in my game even though they aren't in there and it's a completely new game folder, that they're hiding in my computer somewhere. I have searched everything and everywhere and I don't see anything. It's all new. This is so frustrating -.-

//EDIT

You probably did something with the folder "The Sims 3", but whatever you did, it's good to hear it's working now. Smile  Is there anything else I can help you with ?
I renamed it like you said, Smile Nope that's it! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:02

stfutwitch wrote:
Carlos wrote:

I renamed it like you said, Smile Nope that's it! Thank you!

There are a few mods that you need to put into the game installation folder, but this is rather unusual. Most stuff goes into (My) Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages.

Feel free to open a new thread anytime again. Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top