Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods not showing up in game, followed steps and still not working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mods not showing up in game, followed steps and still not working. [SOLVED] Empty Mods not showing up in game, followed steps and still not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 15:04

So just to get straight into it, this is what my Sims 4 Folder looks like:
Mods not showing up in game, followed steps and still not working. [SOLVED] Screen18
The mods folder was not included, nor was it created when I started the program and closed it at the main menu. So I had to manually create that and the resource.cfg file.

This is my mods folder, resource.cfg included (you can't see it):
Mods not showing up in game, followed steps and still not working. [SOLVED] Screen19
As you can see, there is a lot of mods. I've tried adding just a few random ones and testing them but that doesn't work either. I'm not keen on sorting them into multiple folders, it's just tedious. However I have tried putting them into folders and modifying the resource.cfg but that doesn't work either.

Here's my resource.cfg file:
Mods not showing up in game, followed steps and still not working. [SOLVED] Screen15
I've also tried just keeping the upper three lines of the text files but that doesn't work...

And here are my sims 4 settings:
Mods not showing up in game, followed steps and still not working. [SOLVED] Screen17Mods not showing up in game, followed steps and still not working. [SOLVED] Screen16

I'm completely clueless a to what the problem is, unless I need to move my mods folder elsewhere and if my resource.cfg is incorrect... A bit of help would be appreciated. The only other thing I can think of is to manually rearrange my Sims 4 folder but that might break the crack... Argh. I'm seriously stuck, so any help is greatly appreciated loves.

I currently have the latest version of the Sims 4 Crack (1.20 I think) So... Yeah. It's all working, there's no bugs, and all the DL packs work fine.

Cheers x

Back to top Go down

Mods not showing up in game, followed steps and still not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mods not showing up in game, followed steps and still not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 15:59

The Mods folder should be in Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4 and not anywhere else, so definately not in your inbstallation folder.
So not in Program Files.

Back to top Go down

Mods not showing up in game, followed steps and still not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mods not showing up in game, followed steps and still not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 19:40

Ah I see! After reading some guides a lot of people seemed to be saying to move stuff into the Program Files (x86) so I wanna confused. I'll try it once I get home and update the thread depending on how it goes. Cheers love x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Aug 2016, 04:04

Anubis wrote:Ah I see! After reading some guides a lot of people seemed to be saying to move stuff into the Program Files (x86) so I wanna confused. I'll try it once I get home and update the thread depending on how it goes. Cheers love x

Very important distinction:

C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4....that's where all the installation items go. You will only need that location when you actually install new stuff for TS4, or when you decide to un-install the game. Other than that, for almost all other purposes, this folder should be left untouched, unless you know what you're doing.

C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4...that's where all your "user-created" stuff is located. Mods, savefiles, in-game screenshots, text files for in-game options, etc.

Since your original problem seems solved, I will close the thread now. Have fun, and feel free to open a new thread again should you need more support in the future. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top