Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 : The program can't start because... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 : The program can't start because... [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 4 : The program can't start because... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 08 Dec 2014, 23:39

Hello
Some one else had this same issue and the problem was with Symantec Endpoint Protection. I used to have it on my computer and I've deleted it. Yet I still continue to see this. Ive Applied 3dm update 4 reloaded and the ultimate fix by G4TW as well. any help would be appreciated

The Sims 4 : The program can't start because... [SOLVED] <a href=The Sims 4 : The program can't start because... [SOLVED] Ts4_er16" />

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 : The program can't start because... [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 : The program can't start because... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 04:55

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Are you completely sure that you uninstalled Symantec Endpoint Protection? I suggest you get Your Uninstaller! Pro from our downloads website here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

See if you can find Symantec Endpoint Protection in the list. If it is, select it and click "Uninstall", and choose "Super Mode" when prompted.

Now, what exactly do you mean when you say "Ive Applied 3dm update 4 reloaded and the ultimate fix by G4TW as well."? Are you using our release, the RELOADED, or the 3DM one?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 : The program can't start because... [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 : The program can't start because... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 17:40

Symantec Endpoint Protection has been completely uninstalled. I applied update 4 from reloaded, i tried it and it didnt work. then i applied the ultimate fix. and that is what pops up. This is what my bin folder looks like incase if im missing anything important. I have avast antivirus on my laptop. however it has been turned off in order to run this program.  
  The Sims 4 : The program can't start because... [SOLVED] <a href=The Sims 4 : The program can't start because... [SOLVED] Oo10" />

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 18:06

ahmadsaleem24 wrote:Symantec Endpoint Protection has been completely uninstalled. I applied update 4 from reloaded, i tried it and it didnt work. then i applied the ultimate fix. and that is what pops up. This is what my bin folder looks like incase if im missing anything important. I have avast antivirus on my laptop. however it has been turned off in order to run this program.  
  The Sims 4 : The program can't start because... [SOLVED] <a href=The Sims 4 : The program can't start because... [SOLVED] Oo10" />

I see. The problem is that you have the 3DM version of the game installed. The Ultimate Fix is not compatible with that version, neither is the RELOADED update, and those will cause problems if you apply them. I can't really help you if you have the 3DM release, as the support we provide is mainly for the G4TW one. Your best bet would be to uninstall that version of the game and get the one from here instead. We'll be able to help you then. Another good thing about our version is that you don't need Origin for it to work.

If you do decide to uninstall the one you have, you may want to back up the The Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, to keep your saves and all of your content. Then, use Your Uninstaller! Pro to uninstall the game. If you still don't have it, get it here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html
There's an installation guide inside of it.

After it's installed, look for The Sims 4 in the installed programs list, and uninstall it using "Super Mode", as always. After it's done, restart your computer, and download The Sims 4 from that same downloads page I gave you earlier. You can install it with the instructions included then. Finally, you can put the back up of the The Sims 4 folder back into Documents\Electronic Arts.

Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 18:21

Wow. Thanks for the help. Ill install the G4TW version. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 18:43

ahmadsaleem24 wrote:Wow. Thanks for the help. Ill install the G4TW version. Thanks!

You're very welcome! Very Happy

We'll leave this topic open for you to post if you encounter any issues after installing the game. Be sure to let us know if it works just fine so we can close it. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2014, 01:06

For some reason my computer deletes the rld.dll and rldorigin.dll file. Ive tried to extract it from the ultimate fix file. I have installed the G4TW of sims and tried to launch it without applying the ultimate fix.

//EDIT

the same error displays each time i try to run it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2014, 01:44

ahmadsaleem24 wrote:For some reason my computer deletes the rld.dll and rldorigin.dll file. Ive tried to extract it from the ultimate fix file. I have installed the G4TW of sims and tried to launch it without applying the ultimate fix.

//EDIT

the same error displays each time i try to run it.

Your antivirus is the one that is deleting those files. You need to extract the Ultimate Fix and follow all of the steps of the Guide, including the part about adding the install location to the Exceptions List of your antivirus.

And what same error are you getting? The one from the first post?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2014, 02:21

I get the same error from the first post. I have uninstalled all antivirus softwares and i still have the same problem. I used the uninstaller program you recommended. I disabled windows defender as well and somehow the dll files just disappear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2014, 05:11

ahmadsaleem24 wrote:I get the same error from the first post. I have uninstalled all antivirus softwares and i still have the same problem. I used the uninstaller program you recommended. I disabled windows defender as well and somehow the dll files just disappear.

Well, that's very strange. There's no reason for the files to be deleted if you uninstalled all security software you had. If you want, I can take a look at it through TeamViewer.
http://www.games4theworld.org/contact.html

Read the part about TeamViewer in there. If you agree, join the Chatbox at the Forum's Main Page when you see me online, or send me a PM. I'll see what I can do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Dec 2014, 22:42

its working now, Thanks for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Dec 2014, 15:16

Hello guys i have a problem with my sims 4.

it gives the error that i havent got the rld.dll. Please help!

it says:

The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initailize (E1104).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Dec 2014, 15:40

ahmadsaleem24 wrote:its working now, Thanks for your help!

You're very welcome! Very Happy

The problem was most likely caused by the antivirus. After uninstalling AVG, the files weren't deleted anymore.

MRM081 wrote:Hello guys i have a problem with my sims 4.

it gives the error that i havent got the rld.dll. Please help!

it says:

The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initailize (E1104).

Hi there! Smile

Please, create a new topic for your issue. We'll be glad to help you in the new topic you create.

As this problem is solved, I'll close the topic now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top