Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Error: Unable to Start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Error: Unable to Start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 Error: Unable to Start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 Dec 2014, 20:23

Hello everyone. 
I think this may be an error that you guys have no control over, but I just wanted to ask for confirmation. So that I know for certain, if nothing can be done. 
 Anyways, having followed through all the steps required in downloading the Sims 4 from GFTW, and fixing the rld.dll error with the ultimate fix, I finally tried playing the game. After clicking, I got this error. 
Sims 4 Error: Unable to Start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [SOLVED] 25s4yea
If you can't see that correctly, it says "Unable to start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed."
My computer is brand new, I just bought it about a week ago (and I'm pretty sure that it has the latest drivers installed). Here is all it's info, if that helps: My Computer Stats
I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is completely incapable of playing the sims 4? Is the graphics card to small? 

Thanks in advance. 

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Error: Unable to Start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 Error: Unable to Start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Dec 2014, 21:40

titomtitom wrote:Hello everyone. 
I think this may be an error that you guys have no control over, but I just wanted to ask for confirmation. So that I know for certain, if nothing can be done. 
 Anyways, having followed through all the steps required in downloading the Sims 4 from GFTW, and fixing the rld.dll error with the ultimate fix, I finally tried playing the game. After clicking, I got this error. 
Sims 4 Error: Unable to Start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [SOLVED] 25s4yea
If you can't see that correctly, it says "Unable to start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed."
My computer is brand new, I just bought it about a week ago (and I'm pretty sure that it has the latest drivers installed). Here is all it's info, if that helps: My Computer Stats
I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is completely incapable of playing the sims 4? Is the graphics card to small? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hello and welcome to our forum,

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774696/updated-supported-graphics-card-list-the-sims-4-edition

According to this here, your graphics chip is not on the list; so I'm not quite sure what you could do now. At first, try making sure you really get the latest update for this chip, here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=%22Intel+Graphics+Media+Accelerator+%28GMA%29+3100%22

That's the best thing I can suggest now. One more thing: just because the computer is "new" it doesn't mean it can handle everything. In your case, I guess this is a computer (laptop ?) that is not intended to be used for gaming in the first place, because of its underpowered graphics chip. Keep in mind that good laptops with decent graphics cards cost at minimum $900 in the US, and are probably more expensive elsewhere.

Sorry to say that. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Error: Unable to Start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 Error: Unable to Start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 29 Dec 2014, 00:25

Ahh. Yes. Well, thank you very much. I actually contacted various sources and they reiterated what you said. So, for now I will retire to The Sims 3, until maybe i can find a way (?) to get a better graphics card on my desktop computer. I have an Intel 3100 and I think they said that at least a generation 4 or 5 card is required. 

Again thanks for your response. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Dec 2014, 00:30

titomtitom wrote:Ahh. Yes. Well, thank you very much. I actually contacted various sources and they reiterated what you said. So, for now I will retire to The Sims 3, until maybe i can find a way (?) to get a better graphics card on my desktop computer. I have an Intel 3100 and I think they said that at least a generation 4 or 5 card is required. 

Again thanks for your response. Smile

Sorry to hear that, but yes, getting a good graphics card will be necessary for new(er) games. I'll close the thread now, and if you have any more issues, feel free to open a new thread at any time. If you wish to read up on hardware-stuff (also on graphics cards), read up on a few posts here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f25-hardware

Topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top