Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Start up problem, tried everything

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Start up problem, tried everything Empty The Sims 3 Start up problem, tried everything

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 18:02

Hello !

I have a problem with my The Sims 3 game.
When I try to launch it via launcher : There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details.
When I try to launch here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin using TSW3.exe it says : Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

I also tried your video fix: The Sims 3 "Error during startup" fix by *Games4theworld*
But there was nothing to delete in regedit, since i had all the EP it was showing .

I have base game+ambitions, generations,late night, seasons, supernatural, world adventures.

Please help !

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Start up problem, tried everything Empty Re: The Sims 3 Start up problem, tried everything

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 18:16

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Is this the first time you install The Sims 3 in that PC? Or did you have it installed before but uninstalled it (or any Expansion Pack) at any point?

It's possible that there are some more registry keys left that aren't specified in the video. Those need to be removed too.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Start up problem, tried everything Empty Re: The Sims 3 Start up problem, tried everything

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 18:19

Yes, I had the sims 3 before, but i had to delete the whole game with EP because it took too much room on my hard drive. I got a more spacious hard drive, so i installed it again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 18:21

carrruu wrote:Yes, I had the sims 3 before, but i had to delete the whole game with EP because it took too much room on my hard drive. I got a more spacious hard drive, so i installed it again Smile

I see. The problem is most likely caused by an incomplete uninstallation of the game you had before, causing this error.

When you reinstalled it, did you install the same Expansion Packs that you had before? Or did you get less (or more)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 18:23

All same .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 18:28

carrruu wrote:All same .

Well, I'm sorry to say that the most practical way to fix this error now is to uninstall and reinstall the complete game, once again. But this time, you'll need to do a proper uninstallation to prevent this error from happening again. You should get Your Uninstaller! Pro from our website here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Install it, and when it's done, look for The Sims 3 (and all of it's Expansion Packs) in the list of programs you'll get when you open it. Then, one by one, select them and click the "Uninstall" button that is in the left side. Select "Super Mode" when prompted. Let it do it's thing, and make sure to delete any Registry Keys when it asks you to (you only need to click Delete in the window that appears). After you have finished uninstalling the game and all of it's EPs, restart your computer, and install the game once again. The error should not appear anymore.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top