Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another rld.dll problem, hooray [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another rld.dll problem, hooray [SOLVED] Empty Another rld.dll problem, hooray [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 18 Dec 2014, 01:33

So I've read about every post regarding the Ultimate Fix and the rld.dll (solved) posts, and none of them seem to work, so here I am.

I correctly downloaded the torrent from this website, and followed the instructions within. When it was installed, I booted the game and received the *dun dun dun* rld.dll error popup.

Having read Ultimate Fix posts, I downloaded it and applied it correctly, to no avail.

Then, I read that you must re-crack your game after your Anti-virus has "broken" it. I tried this several times, correctly installing the game and the fix, and I still can't get rid of it.

Now, I know what you're thinking, but I DID infact include exceptions in my anti-virus for the correct files in the instructions. Nothing has worked as of yet.

Help?

Info: Windows 7 (64-bit), Norton 360 anti-virus

NOTICE: I'm probably missing a few things listed here and there noted as "fixes," but I did try them. I don't know where to turn. Please respond ASAP.

Thanks, ME!

EDIT: I don't receive an error code anywhere with the error.

//EDIT

Double post, but when I move the files from the fix to the game files, this happens. 
Another rld.dll problem, hooray [SOLVED] Dzrear10

Last edited by SeoY on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 02:06; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Another rld.dll problem, hooray [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another rld.dll problem, hooray [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 18 Dec 2014, 02:04

Hi there, neop216, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

The problem you are having is most likely caused by your antivirus. Are you completely sure that you don't have any more security software installed, apart from Norton 360? Also, you could try adding the complete path for the installation files to the Exceptions List. That is, also add the Electronic Arts folder and the Bin folder (inside Game). 

If nothing works, disable your antivirus and try again. But you need to keep in mind that Norton most of the time doesn't really take user input into account, and it can even work even when disabled (and it could also be ignoring the Exceptions you added). In other words, you may need to change your antivirus to a better one, to make the game work. But that would be the last option. 

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Another rld.dll problem, hooray [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another rld.dll problem, hooray [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 18 Dec 2014, 02:21

Thanks for the welcome.

I've tried the adding of Electronic Arts and Bin, but neither worked. There's also really not much I can do about the anti-virus, because my parents would flip.

If it helps, the error I receive is this:

Another rld.dll problem, hooray [SOLVED] Fms10

I don't think that helps much though. Another thing I tried was installing rld.dll manually, but that did nothing at all. I guess I'll just try to pick up a copy for Christmas.

If anyone else has anything at all that could help, do tell. I've had many problems with Norton over the years, but my parents believe it's the only working anti-virus out there. I guess that's why they still use Internet Explorer.

Thank you very much SeoY for trying.
Crap WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Dec 2014, 02:34

neop216 wrote:Thanks for the welcome.

I've tried the adding of Electronic Arts and Bin, but neither worked. There's also really not much I can do about the anti-virus, because my parents would flip.

If it helps, the error I receive is this:

Another rld.dll problem, hooray [SOLVED] Fms10

I don't think that helps much though. Another thing I tried was installing rld.dll manually, but that did nothing at all. I guess I'll just try to pick up a copy for Christmas.

If anyone else has anything at all that could help, do tell. I've had many problems with Norton over the years, but my parents believe it's the only working anti-virus out there. I guess that's why they still use Internet Explorer.

Thank you very much SeoY for trying.
Crap WhatDidUJustCallMe?

You're very welcome. Wink

Another thing you could try is adding the folder where you have the Ultimate Fix to the Exceptions List, too. Then, extract the RAR to that folder first and then copy the folders to the install location. It's possible that Norton is deleting the files from the Ultimate Fix directly, making the copying of those useless. Doing this may prevent it from deleting the files that cause this error. It's a matter of experimenting with your antivirus, really. Who knows, maybe you can find a way to stop it from deleting the files.

You can post your updates on this topic if you wish. Or if you consider that there's nothing you can do, well, let us know. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Dec 2014, 02:49

SeoY wrote:
You're very welcome. Wink

Another thing you could try is adding the folder where you have the Ultimate Fix to the Exceptions List, too. Then, extract the RAR to that folder first and then copy the folders to the install location. It's possible that Norton is deleting the files from the Ultimate Fix directly, making the copying of those useless. Doing this may prevent it from deleting the files that cause this error. It's a matter of experimenting with your antivirus, really. Who knows, maybe you can find a way to stop it from deleting the files.

You can post your updates on this topic if you wish. Or if you consider that there's nothing you can do, well, let us know. Good luck!
Oh my good lord on a unicycle with a bowl of funyuns, a keg of beer, and an iPhone 6 Plus. That just might be the fix. I'll update when I figure things out.

//EDIT

Ahoy! 'Tis a fix! Solved!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Dec 2014, 03:41

neop216 wrote:Oh my good lord on a unicycle with a bowl of funyuns, a keg of beer, and an iPhone 6 Plus. That just might be the fix. I'll update when I figure things out.

//EDIT

Ahoy! 'Tis a fix! Solved!

Glad to hear that! Very Happy

Problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to open a new one if you ever need anything else. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top