Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 7 problem with origin not running [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 7 problem with origin not running [SOLVED] Empty Windows 7 problem with origin not running [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 09 Sep 2015, 18:23

Hi, at this point i'm already frustrated enough to actually post here. Before anything else, I have and already did everything in the video tut posted by sim architect and it WORKED PERFECTLY on my windows 8. But when i tried to do the same thing on my windows 7 the origin message pops up? I did exactly the same thing, followed the vid side by side and reinstall/re-do everything for 5 times now. My sister who wanted to play is now left disappointed.

I do not have origin running for both pcs. I do not think it's a problem with the OS because the origin message pops up? Is there anyone who uses/knows how to fix things in windows 7. My anti-virus/windows defender are off. I temporarily disabled it seeing that it likes to picked up the dll the first time round. I hope someone can help me. >.<

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 problem with origin not running [SOLVED] Empty Re: Windows 7 problem with origin not running [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 00:51

Hi, I recently downgraded from Windows 8 to 7 (because I hated 8 so much) and I got the same problem at first. This is what I did:

1. When I uninstall the game I made sure that there was nothing in the registry related to Sims 4.

2. I moved the Mods, Tray and Saves folder in My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4 to somewhere else.

3. I reinstalled the base game as usual.

4. I moved the Sims 4 folder in c/Program Files(86)/Electronic Arts (or wherever it was installed to) to My Desktop.

5. I applied the latest fix (I used the Temp Fix).

6. I started the game and let it run for about five minutes and then closed it.

7. I moved the folders from (2) above to the new EA folder in My Documents (you may have to merge them).

8. Voila!

Hope this works for you.

Last edited by kitty10136 on Thu 10 Sep 2015, 00:53; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Unwanted Emoticons)

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 problem with origin not running [SOLVED] Empty Re: Windows 7 problem with origin not running [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 01:18

Ageha wrote:Hi, at this point i'm already frustrated enough to actually post here. Before anything else, I have and already did everything in the video tut posted by sim architect and it WORKED PERFECTLY on my windows 8. But when i tried to do the same thing on my windows 7 the origin message pops up? I did exactly the same thing, followed the vid side by side and reinstall/re-do everything for 5 times now. My sister who wanted to play is now left disappointed.

I do not have origin running for both pcs. I do not think it's a problem with the OS because the origin message pops up? Is there anyone who uses/knows how to fix things in windows 7. My anti-virus/windows defender are off. I temporarily disabled it seeing that it likes to picked up the dll the first time round. I hope someone can help me. >.<

Hi there, @Ageha, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Apart from the instructions posted by @kitty10136 above, you also need to make sure that every security program you may have has the game installation folder excluded. Are you completely sure that you only have Windows Defender and this other antivirus? Any antimalware by any chance? Also, what is this antivirus that you have installed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 12:43

Hello @kitty10136 , thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work either. ):

@SeoY - Hi! For better or worse the anti-virus i had expired weeks ago and i'm only left with the windows defender. i followed the video step by step, since i like i said i had absolutely no problem updating the game on my Win8. i read that RldOrigin.dll is like the main thing for the crack to work and i'm not missing the file too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Sep 2015, 01:08

Ageha wrote:Hello @kitty10136 , thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work either. ):

@SeoY - Hi! For better or worse the anti-virus i had expired weeks ago and i'm only left with the windows defender. i followed the video step by step, since i like i said i had absolutely no problem updating the game on my Win8. i read that RldOrigin.dll is like the main thing for the crack to work and i'm not missing the file too.

I suggest getting a free anti-virus like AVG Free and adding the folder from the Desktop to the exceptions list. Temporarily disable until you finish because it will pick up the crack in the folder you extracted to. Try it again because Windows Defender may or may not be causing the problem. 

Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 problem with origin not running [SOLVED] Empty Problem solved! :D

Post by Guest Fri 11 Sep 2015, 16:18

Carlos is tha man!!!

I actually did a clean re-installation of the system since the desktop was given by my sister's friend. (just finished the whole process a few hours ago), and i'm happy to say that the problem is now solved! My sims 4 is now running smoothly, though i install win8 to my win7.  maybe there's a hidden anti-virus in the old system causing the error? But i'm glad that everything is okay now~

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND REPLIES @kitty10136 @SeoY
Dedicated to Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Sep 2015, 06:18

Glad the problem was fixed.  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Sep 2015, 18:34

Ageha wrote:Carlos is tha man!!!

I actually did a clean re-installation of the system since the desktop was given by my sister's friend. (just finished the whole process a few hours ago), and i'm happy to say that the problem is now solved! My sims 4 is now running smoothly, though i install win8 to my win7.  maybe there's a hidden anti-virus in the old system causing the error? But i'm glad that everything is okay now~

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND REPLIES @kitty10136 @SeoY
Dedicated to Carlos

That could very well have been the problem. But indeed, it's very good that it's working now! Very Happy

Problem solved, topic closed. If you have any other problems or more questions, be sure to open a new one. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top