Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrong version. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wrong version. [SOLVED] Empty Wrong version. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 Dec 2014, 19:53

Hi all,
i installed and play the sims 4 still today. I have last fix and i hadn't any problem.
After last crash when i run the game it say my saved game were saved with a newest version of the game.
I reinstalled the last fix and the problem isn't solved.
Any idea?

Regards
Costantina

Back to top Go down

Wrong version. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Wrong version. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Dec 2014, 22:16

Costa09 wrote:Hi all,
i installed and play the sims 4 still today. I have last fix and i hadn't any problem.
After last crash when i run the game it say my saved game were saved with a newest version of the game.
I reinstalled the last fix and the problem isn't solved.
Any idea?

Regards
Costantina

//MOVED

Hello Constantina and welcome,

Did you configure your anti-virus program correctly ? Did you add the install location of the game to the exclusions of your anti-virus ? Also, please make sure you add the download location of your internet browser stuff (Chrome/Firefox) to the exclusions too.

Next, do you still have the .RAR of the Ultimate fix ? If yes, re-extract all contents, and re-apply them, to the install location.

Then try the game again. Good luck ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 07:57

Hello and thanks for reply.

I don't use any antivirus, i have rar software. And i already installed last fix again.
As i said i played sims 4 with your last fix until yesterday, then i crashed and when i run the game now a message say that my saved game are saved with latest version. 
The game run as it dosent have last fix (while my saves were done with it). So the game can't load my saved game: it start with create a sims, no scenary available.
I just checked my saved game, copied, moved, renamed, reinstalled again last fix, and replaced the saved game. There is no way to run the game with my saved game.

Regards
Costantina

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Dec 2014, 22:55

Costa09 wrote:Hello and thanks for reply.

I don't use any antivirus, i have rar software. And i already installed last fix again.
As i said i played sims 4 with your last fix until yesterday, then i crashed and when i run the game now a message say that my saved game are saved with latest version. 
The game run as it dosent have last fix (while my saves were done with it). So the game can't load my saved game: it start with create a sims, no scenary available.
I just checked my saved game, copied, moved, renamed, reinstalled again last fix, and replaced the saved game. There is no way to run the game with my saved game.

Regards
Costantina

You see, things like that are usually caused by "security" software. Even if you say you don't have an anti-virus program, you may still have something on your computer, without knowing. And this happens very often.

Look at what you have installed on your computer; I can't really do that for you - this is solely your responsibility.

Also, can you turn off Windows Defender completely ? Look here on ow to turn it off:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-fix-2

And then, please re-download the fix AGAIN, and re-apply it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Dec 2014, 13:11

well, i have solved the problem by myself with a bit of a deeper investigation.
i have no antivirus, antispyware or microsoft tools active (security essential, nor windows firewall) even if you say the opposite; yes, this can be a security breach but our pcs are behind a NATTed ip and router with integrated firewall.

How did i solved it? This might help someone else:
1) make a backup of your saves folder
2) rename or delete the folder the sims 4 under documents
3) run the game in order to have the renamed folder created from scratch
4) close the game
5) copy ONLY one of the saved files (the newest one, which should be your last save) from backup folder to documents....\the sims 4\saves (copy the .save.ver0)
6) rename the file from (example of my file) Slot_00000001.save.ver0 to Slot_00000001.save
7) run the game, if the file is not xxxx1.save, load game and choose it from the list
Cool your old saved (and beloved) sims are back to life
9) if not, try with another file (save.ver1 ... save.ver2, etc.)

..without any antivirus Smile
I hope this will help if somebody else would fall under this annoying bug.
Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Dec 2014, 22:22

Costa09 wrote:i have no antivirus, antispyware or microsoft tools active (security essential, nor windows firewall) even if you say the opposite;  (...)

Your "fix" is interesting, OK. But this is the first time I've seen this solution. While I'm glad to hear that this worked for you, I'd also like to ask you to mind your tone when posting on here please. This is still a brand-new game, and you'll have to excuse me that I do not yet know about all the possible details of that game.

So far I've only seen and solved cases, where I had to re-apply the Ultimate fix.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Dec 2014, 06:36

INterestingly this also seemed to fix my crashing problem as I would crash to desktop unexpectantly and i had to remind myself to save every 5 minutes which ruins gameplay, and this worked! I skipped step 6 though, choosing not to rename the file. I just pasted my old saves and mods folder when the I closed the game as stated in step 5. Thanks Costa09! I'll post something if problem returns ( I hope not); just thought i'd share Smile

Mod edit: please open a new thread for your issues then. And I guess that since the OP isn't going to post back, I'll close the thread now.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top