Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not sure what im doing wrong. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm not sure what im doing wrong. [SOLVED] Empty I'm not sure what im doing wrong. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Mar 2018, 19:14

Hello I recently tried to add the latest dlc MFP and instead of the green icon like all the others i get a grey icon. I feel that I followed the install instructions to a 't' so im not sure what's going on here. i've been trying to troubleshoot myself for a few days with little to no results. Please help.  

P.S. I no longer have the regular ts4 logo anmore it is replace by an plain icon of a sheet of paper folded at the corner. I think I killed my game.

Last edited by vilesimmer on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 19:26; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

I'm not sure what im doing wrong. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I'm not sure what im doing wrong. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 22 Mar 2018, 21:28

vilesimmer wrote:Hello I recently tried to add the latest dlc MFP and instead of the green icon like all the others i get a grey icon. I feel that I followed the install instructions to a 't' so im not sure what's going on here. i've been trying to troubleshoot myself for a few days with little to no results. Please help.  

P.S. I no longer have the regular ts4 logo anmore it is replace by an plain icon of a sheet of paper folded at the corner. I think I killed my game.

Welcome to the Forum @vilesimmer,

Did you use WinRAR for extracting all (G4TW) Downloads? You should. Smile  Also, if you actually did, was the game working fine before you added the new DLC? You could also try re-downloading the My First Pet-Stuff, with a different bittorrent client than you used initially. Grab the torrent from one of the mirror links here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/downloads-f1/where-to-find-games4theworld-downloads-t53.htm

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

I'm not sure what im doing wrong. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I'm not sure what im doing wrong. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Mar 2018, 21:52

vilesimmer wrote:Hello I recently tried to add the latest dlc MFP and instead of the green icon like all the others i get a grey icon. I feel that I followed the install instructions to a 't' so im not sure what's going on here. i've been trying to troubleshoot myself for a few days with little to no results. Please help.  

Did you perhaps install the game on an external HDD with no fixed drive letter ?
Make a new shortcut and give the drive a permanent station identification.
Suppose your drive is now called F, but when you insert an USB stick and reboot the PC, the USB could be called F and your external HDD turns to G

Rightclick on Start -> Diskmanagement -> Rightclick on the HDD -> Change station or path  (translated from Dutch so not sure about the expressions in English)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Mar 2018, 17:17

sorry to hijack the thread as i couldnt create a new one.

i download the sims 4 base game and it gave me error such as winzip could onlt extract part of the file because it contains invalid or missing data for sim 4 setup2.

May i know whats the solution to the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Mar 2018, 17:38

iamhere wrote:sorry to hijack the thread as i couldnt create a new one.

i download the sims 4 base game and it gave me error such as winzip could onlt extract part of the file because it contains invalid or missing data for sim 4 setup2.

May i know whats the solution to the problem?
You're not supposed to extract Setup 2
All you should have done is to click on Setup (the one without a number)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top