Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 "Game Packs".

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 "Game Packs". - Page 2 Empty The Sims 4 "Game Packs".

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Dec 2014, 21:30

First topic message reminder :

Now look at that:
http://www.thesims.com/news/ts4-gp01announce

Looks like the first DLC/expansion/stuffpack/whatever is going to be out in January 2015. But why is that called a game pack ? And why is this guy ("Simguru Grant") drawing parallels to the stuffpacks of TS2 ?

Is this going to be something like a "scaled-down" expansion pack ? Looks like that to me. 

Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 "Game Packs". - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4 "Game Packs".

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:37

So, i read this and other threads, and i understand that DLCs now are harder to obtain. I just want a clarification: i have a pirated version of TS4, and with the fix provided by you guys i also have the latest update. Now, free content and DLCs have to be downloaded through origin AND TS4 in order to work. Because they get linked to your account.
Does this mean that i can't have a pirated version of free stuff and paid DLCs? Copying the files in the game folder just won't work? And if so, will it in the future (i guess so, i mean i'm sure it's hard "clearing" the dlc from the digital signature linked to your account, but crackers proved that nothing is uncrackable)?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Jan 2015, 16:48

daelril wrote:Does this mean that i can't have a pirated version of free stuff and paid DLCs? Copying the files in the game folder just won't work? And if so, will it in the future (i guess so, i mean i'm sure it's hard "clearing" the dlc from the digital signature linked to your account, but crackers proved that nothing is uncrackable)?

As of now, it seems indeed you cannot mix legit and pirated content is whatever form. And if it was so easy to simply "copy files in the game folder", then I guess that cracked TS4 games would have been out much earlier. Smile  

And yes, nearly everything is "theoretically possible". Even time travel. But does that mean we can soon expect time machines to be invented ? Of course not (one reason being the inability of mankind to provide the necessary gigantic amounts of energy needed for that, lol). Same with the question as to whether TS4 can be cracked: of course it *can* be cracked, but that is not the main point in my opinion.

The issue is at what point the effort behind it becomes "unpractical" or even unbearable, for a lack of a better word. Remember: RELOADED and all these others don't get paid anything for their efforts. It appears to be difficult to crack, hence the fact that RELOADED took a bit longer now, and skipped some previous updates.

You "can" crack any game if you had enough knowledge. But actually taking on the work effort is a totally different question. Some just opt to not crack stuff, because the workload/difficulty is too big.

The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jan 2015, 18:21

Carlos wrote:

No, I find this type of discussion very important actually ! Smile  I do feel sad for those people who spend 60 Dollars/Euros right when TS4 came out. Sad  But I hope that these people have learned their lesson for the future. 

I still think though that you cannot/should not delegate the resonsibility of making an informed decision, to someone else (here: EA). People in general should not trust others too easily, and especially not those multi-billion Dollar/Euro corporations. 

Some game publishers actually give away (some) DLC free of charge. One example is "PVZ: Garden Warfare", which is a multiplayer-only shooter on Origin. The publisher "Popcap" actually gives away all DLC for free (of course, you need to google for a little while to get to this information, though). But still, they do it, and for free. Of course you can't compare Sims games to a multiplayer-only shooter in terms of complexity. But I wish there was a bit more of this, in case of other game publishers.

Back to TS4, people could think about sharing their Origin accounts (Origin ID + password) with other people they trust, like family members or close friends. Feeling bored about the TS4 base game ? Then you could let other people enjoy it, or whatever is enjoyable in TS4, lol. While I'm not bored myself (yet), I'm sharing my Origin account with 2 very close friends, so that they can also play TS4 - and the other things. And if you configure your Origin client correctly, the other people (you are sharing the Origin account with) cannot change the password and "hijack" your account. In order to change the password, you'd have to answer a security question, which only the original owner knows. The others can "only" log-in and download/install/play the games connected to the account.

As mentioned elsewhere, EA haven't introduced something like "monthly store updates" for TS4 as of yet ? Could these smaller "game packs" be the beginning of a "new era" ? So lots of game packs, instead of monthly store updates ?

In the end though, people should "wake up" though. Things aren't always as nice as "expected".

Ha ! I'm glad to hear it Smile Bear with me as my intelligent english is even more rusty than the casual one Wink

I totally agree, people should think first. Now more than ever. And can't use excuses as not knowing as this era is known to be the communication one. EA is known to be a ***** ( excuse my language ) with its user. Now, I know I'm borderline between optimistic and naive but I thought that after how bad they manage the community with Sims 3, they'd improve with Sims 4. Except writing tongue-in-the-cheek log, they haven't move an inch.

As for companies try to be better, like Popcap, Aspyr had a bad reputation two years ago after taking the mac community for stupid user. I remember when they sent a community manager on CivFanatics ... that guy knew it'd have it hard at first, he was ready for it and we did gave him a hard time but he did his job, took all that we told us and got nice bug squashing and felt really listen by Aspyr later on. Like I said elsewhere, when Aspyr released the Complete Collective on the MacApp Store, it was for updated computer. In fact, they improved the graphics. Playing Sims 2 is a pleasure again.

EA haven't officially announce for monthly store updates but they already announce the monthly free updates. How long until they make a paid one too ? And if I recall correctly, when it was spoiler and demo time, there was a panel for "premium content".

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top