Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems installs super patch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems installs super patch Empty Problems installs super patch

Post by Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 14:59

Maybe someone can help me,. I have looked at all the listings and can't find my problem 
I bought and downloaded all my games via origin and they all installed fine and had been playing for a few weeks when all of a sudden origin would not recognise the games where installed, Although my hard drive did. I couldn't find a way to fix it so un-installed every expansion then the base game. 

I cleaned the registry files and rebooted my p.c i then reinstalled the base games and then all the expansions packs i owned except pets and into the future. University downloaded fine but will not install say's it needs to update via the launcher, I tried this time and time again and it would consistently downloading (after waiting days)all the way till then end. When it tried to open the download it asks for administrative acceptance i click ok and nothing happens  I a 75GB hard drive it did have 35 plus GB free before installation, it went down to 26GB free space after installation. It is now at 13GB after many failed installations of updates via origin and this site. 
so after weeks of not getting anywhere i came on here and downloaded the super fix waited over three days for it to fully download but the damned thing wont open, It was blocked so
Have unblocked it and running as administrator. tried running it through compatibility thing and have tried every single one. It says it is not compatible. I have been trying to play this game now for weeks and am not happy at all. 
I had no problems before with university updating through the launcher but for a while it gets all the way to 1.67GB then fails, 
can anyone here help me. I do not want to have to un-install these games again, nor do i wish to wait three days for another download patch or fix.

Is anyone able to help
 This is the error message i get when trying to open the installer from this site.

>setupNew\setup.cpp(140) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID:$@windows Vista Service Pack 0 (7900) IE version: 9.11.9600.17501 

I currently own 
sims 3 the base game
sims 3 university (currently unable to install)
sims 3 pets (uninstalled)
sims 3 into the future (unistalled)
sims 3 world adventures
sims 3 outdoor living stuff (uninstalled)
sims 3 high end loft stuff
sims 3 late night stuff
sims 3 showtime
sims 3 supernatural
sims 3 seasons

Back to top Go down

Problems installs super patch Empty Re: Problems installs super patch

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Dec 2014, 23:22

sicklittlebunny wrote:Maybe someone can help me,. I have looked at all the listings and can't find my problem 
I bought and downloaded all my games via origin and they all installed fine and had been playing for a few weeks when all of a sudden origin would not recognise the games where installed, Although my hard drive did. I couldn't find a way to fix it so un-installed every expansion then the base game. 

I cleaned the registry files and rebooted my p.c i then reinstalled the base games and then all the expansions packs i owned except pets and into the future. University downloaded fine but will not install say's it needs to update via the launcher, I tried this time and time again and it would consistently downloading (after waiting days)all the way till then end. When it tried to open the download it asks for administrative acceptance i click ok and nothing happens  I a 75GB hard drive it did have 35 plus GB free before installation, it went down to 26GB free space after installation. It is now at 13GB after many failed installations of updates via origin and this site. 
so after weeks of not getting anywhere i came on here and downloaded the super fix waited over three days for it to fully download but the damned thing wont open, It was blocked so
Have unblocked it and running as administrator. tried running it through compatibility thing and have tried every single one. It says it is not compatible. I have been trying to play this game now for weeks and am not happy at all. 
I had no problems before with university updating through the launcher but for a while it gets all the way to 1.67GB then fails, 
can anyone here help me. I do not want to have to un-install these games again, nor do i wish to wait three days for another download patch or fix.

Is anyone able to help
 This is the error message i get when trying to open the installer from this site.

>setupNew\setup.cpp(140) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID:$@windows Vista Service Pack 0 (7900) IE version: 9.11.9600.17501 

I currently own 
sims 3 the base game
sims 3 university (currently unable to install)
sims 3 pets (uninstalled)
sims 3 into the future (unistalled)
sims 3 world adventures
sims 3 outdoor living stuff (uninstalled)
sims 3 high end loft stuff
sims 3 late night stuff
sims 3 showtime
sims 3 supernatural
sims 3 seasons

Hello and welcome,

What exactly are you trying to do right now ? Are you getting that weird error when trying to apply the "manual superpatch" (the one with about 1.6GB filesize) ? If yes, can you try re-downloading that patch, possibly even with another internet browser ?

Also, please, DO NOT pause or interrupt the patch download. Then try the patch again. Good luck !

Get the patch here (the PC version):
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v1-67-fix-manual-patch
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top