Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't start the game, service start failed 0x0175d824. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't start the game, service start failed 0x0175d824. [SOLVED] Empty Can't start the game, service start failed 0x0175d824. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 Dec 2014, 16:05

So, i've had this problem for a long time now, and as far as i know i've tried everything i've found, on this website and on the internet. I have the game in swedish, so i'll probably have to translate everything. I've tried uninstalling and installing the game several times, applied the cracks again and again, taken away the games in the registry after the uninstall, taken away any unnecessary files that has to do with the game. As far as i know the only thing i have is the backup files for my mods, downloads and saved games in another folder. 
Here's what pops up when i start the game:

Can't start the game, service start failed 0x0175d824. [SOLVED] Eeeeee11

It says: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvwgf2um.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try to install the application using the original installation agent or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error Status 0xc0000020.

And when that has popped up 4 times, this comes up with a black screen in the background:

Can't start the game, service start failed 0x0175d824. [SOLVED] Eeeeee12

Can not start the game.
Servicestart failed (0x0175d824)

Help

Back to top Go down

Can't start the game, service start failed 0x0175d824. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't start the game, service start failed 0x0175d824. [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect Sat 27 Dec 2014, 16:26

Welcome!!

Are you using a GeForce video card? If so, you can try updating your video driver and maybe the problem will be fixed. Please try that and let us know so we can further investigate.

Thanks!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't start the game, service start failed 0x0175d824. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't start the game, service start failed 0x0175d824. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 Dec 2014, 16:59

Thanks for the reply! I do have a GeForce video card, so i tried what you said and unfortunately the same thing happened again, so i guess we have to look further into the problem.

// Accidentally voted down and pushed the thanks button, didn't mean to do that, sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 27 Dec 2014, 19:06

mounite wrote:Thanks for the reply! I do have a GeForce video card, so i tried what you said and unfortunately the same thing happened again, so i guess we have to look further into the problem.

// Accidentally voted down and pushed the thanks button, didn't mean to do that, sorry.
It's ok, it happens, no worries Smile

So, I heard some people had this issue with GeForce drivers before, specially with the GeForce GTX 460 (that they currently have or had in past).

Please, try to "fix your registry" using CCleaner, after that repeat the install of the newest possible NVidia Drivers (Clean Install).

Please let us know what happens.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Dec 2014, 20:21

IT WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'VE HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR AGES! REALLY, THANK YOU. Very Happy

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top