Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game - service initialization failed. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game - service initialization failed. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start game - service initialization failed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 20:26

I downloaded and installed the sims 3 base game, pets, supernatural, and late night successfully about a month or two ago. I was able to play it for quite some time. However, I installed it on to my external hard drive. I removed my external so that I was able to take it to work with me, and the next time I replugged it into my computer the sims game no longer worked. The expansion pack icons have vanished, and the sims 3 game says "Unable to start game- service initialization failed." It may have been a poor choice on my part for installing on to an external, but is there any way to fix this? And if not fix, is there a way to reinstall game and keep previously saved games still intact? My only worry is that I'll lose countless of hours of building, playing, ect. Sad

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - service initialization failed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game - service initialization failed. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Wed 07 Nov 2012, 20:39

Hello,

What happens when you try to start the game via the launcher, do you get an error?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - service initialization failed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game - service initialization failed. [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Wed 07 Nov 2012, 20:50

Try to get it to the same Drive Number also, like if it was F, and now is E, if you got a flash drive, reboot, put the flash drive in, and then put the external in.

If unsure what drive it was before, right-click on The Sims 3, and go to properties, about middle of the page is start in "drive-letter:\the sims 3" or something on that order if you did a custom install.

You saves will be in C:\Users\\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, so you won't have a problem with finding that.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Nov 2012, 20:30

Solved that problem. It was downloaded onto Drive G, but because I removed and replugged in external it was reading Drive H, so I had to manually adjust it. Game opened up fine... said it needed to be updated, though, so I went ahead and downloaded update and installed it... now game says there is no disk inserted. Must need to go and add in new files?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 08 Nov 2012, 21:16

krysm wrote:Solved that problem. It was downloaded onto Drive G, but because I removed and replugged in external it was reading Drive H, so I had to manually adjust it. Game opened up fine... said it needed to be updated, though, so I went ahead and downloaded update and installed it... now game says there is no disk inserted. Must need to go and add in new files?
Hello,

Please do step 2 to 4 to fix that error: www.games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Nov 2012, 04:54

I did all that. The launcher works fine now, but when I go to load the game it comes up a black screen and when I try to manually close windows by using ctrl+alt+delete a screen is in the background saying unable to start... i may have put the files in a wrong spot.. i have a file thats the sims (but called game for me) and theres a bin file in there, and i accidently put the crack files there...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:21

Hello,

Are you getting a specific error?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Nov 2012, 18:37

It freezes up my computer. And says, Unable to start game, Service initialization failed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 12 Nov 2012, 09:47

Hello,

Which numeric code?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 18:45

0x024e424f

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 19:27

When I go through the launcher it says, Unable to connect to origin. When I click on the play button, it says No game disc found! Please insert the sims 3 pets game disc before proceeding.

When I click on desktop icon it says, Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb).

The other code shows up when I go right to the file to open it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Nov 2012, 10:59

Hello,

Here's what I think:
The error code you mention first indicates a problem with the crack. That idea is supported by the message you're getting when you try to start the launcher.

The desktop icon may lead to an outdated or incompatible or outdated exe, causing the other error to show up which is a registry error. You may find out which .exe it actually points to, just right-click, go to Properties and the "Shortcut" tab, if you want to find out.

To help you solve this, please show us a screenshot of the folder you copied the crack to, and we'll take it from there.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:39

Hi I'm sort of having the same problem, I have all my games installed on an external hard drive and now the shortcuts to the game on my desktop are all white little files and for some reason it keeps telling me to reinstall the base game...Can you please help me? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 18:01

Initially, I put the cracks in to this folder. The folder on my external is titled Game, instead of The Sims 3 (thanks to my husband).

After carefully rereading instructions and realizing I had been confused, I then put it in this folder... which might be the problem, I put the crack in to the two different folders, but don't know how to reverse that? Tried a system restore...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Nov 2012, 22:10

Hello,

If this is where you installed the base game... (directly into your G: drive, without creating separate folders for each game) where did you install you expansion(s) to?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 04:27

The expansions each have their own folder in the G: drive.

... Which, I just looked and I only have the pets and supernatural expansions there, but also have Late night installed... so I checked the shortcut link for that from my desktop and it links to G:\Game\Game\Bin\Sims3Launcher.exe and the base game shortcut is G:\Game\Bin\Sims3Launcher.exe... so that explains why I have a folder titled Game inside the original Game folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 11:26

Hello,

Oh, that's very messed up!
Do you mind sorting everything a little bit to prevent more problems?

If not, please do as follows (This will probably fix your main problem too):

*Backup your savegames!

1. Completely uninstall The Sims 3 and all expansions using Your Uninstaller! Pro, which you can download from www.games4theworld.org . Choose "Super" uninstall mode.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall the games following these instructions to the T: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly and create a new, separate folder for each game! (E.g. "G:\Games\The Sims 3", "G:\Games\The Sims 3 Supernatural" and "G:\Games\Late Night")
4. Start the game and let us know the result.

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jan 2013, 02:50

I uninstalled everything. Re downloaded the base game plus expansions and installed everything. When trying to download the update/fix, it won't let me download either. If I save the fix file and then try to open it, it says it is corrupted.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 07 Jan 2013, 09:52

Hello,

How do you open it?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 07 Jan 2013, 15:54

Hello,

Use only WinRAR to open the Fix file, which is in .rar format.
You can download WinRAR from www.games4theworld.org . (Note: WinRAR and NOT WinZIP or 7-ZIP or any other program)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 02:40

I was using winRAR, for whatever reason it showed up about 2 hours later lol.

Other then forgetting to save downloaded content, everything is good. All the games are working. I installed them onto my laptop hard drive instead of the external so as to eliminate any other further confusions if any problems arise.

Thanks for all the help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 08 Jan 2013, 18:48

Hello there,

Ah well, that's another way of fixing things, I guess.
Enjoy the game again and please let us know if you need more assistance! Unable to start game - service initialization failed. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top