Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCmagic question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CCmagic question Empty CCmagic question

Post by Guest Sun 28 Dec 2014, 03:17

i have CCmagic thois is my first time with it. here are the steps i take for it see if i'm right

download
install
move sims3packs to the right folder
turn on ccmagic
disable any packs with missing files
hit rebuild
wait
shut cc magic after rebuild is finished

is that how i do it?

if so how do i see that the downloads from the packs are installed for me?

eta : i need to be clear here when I say this I don't mean how do i see if the downloads are installed I know the answer to that is "with my eyes"

I mean is there a special way to view if I did it right such as a certain folder on my computer or section of ccmagic or place on the sims 3 official launcher?

Back to top Go down

CCmagic question Empty Re: CCmagic question

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Dec 2014, 20:37

AutumnCatMeow wrote:i have CCmagic thois is my first time with it. here are the steps i take for it see if i'm right

download
install
move sims3packs to the right folder
turn on ccmagic
disable any packs with missing files
hit rebuild
wait
shut cc magic after rebuild is finished

is that how i do it?

if so how do i see that the downloads from the packs are installed for me?

eta : i need to be clear here when I say this I don't mean how do i see if the downloads are installed I know the answer to that is "with my eyes"

I mean is there a special way to view if I did it right such as a certain folder on my computer or section of ccmagic or place on the sims 3 official launcher?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

A comprehensive guide on CC Magic can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15843-how-to-use-cc-magic

But basically, you are right with your steps. I myself haven't used CC Magic in ages, because I don't like the .sims3pack files in general (too awkward and cumbersome to handle). I prefer store items in .package file format.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Dec 2014, 23:23

I know right? I finally just got mad and turned it off and used delphy's tool to take the packages out of the sims3packs and put them into downloads took me awhile cause of disk space issue but i think I got it

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Dec 2014, 23:29

AutumnCatMeow wrote:I know right? I finally just got mad and turned it off and used delphy's tool to take the packages out of the sims3packs and put them into downloads took me awhile cause of disk space issue but i think I got it

I actually use a nice collection of (pre-made) .package files, by rachelstoolbox. These are basically 5 really huge .package files, that go into Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages. 

I got the stuff from Piratebay back then, but I'm not sure if you can find that elsewhere too (since Piratebay is still down). But if you do, feel free to download and use this. It has all store items until May 2014 included.

Do you have any other question or can I close the thread then ? Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Dec 2014, 23:45

not here but can you look at my other thread somethings wrong with my game i think

//EDIT

I think I'm starting to view a problem with sims 3 I run it through orgin by habit. I don't think "Now I need to open it with orgin" I just do it if that's bad tell me and i'll try to knock it off in the future.

I have all sims 3 expansions and stuff packs I even have the extra "worlds" 

I've run sims 3 before and it's done wonderfully but today it's just a medium sized black window no sims 3 game just a black window (I'm in windowed mode I like it better so I can listen to youtube and browse as I work to look for cheats and fixes and things)

what's going on? last night I used delphy's tool to take the package files out of a bunch of sims3pack's which i've done before with no problem I might add. But today this.

I'm noticing the symptom of a little yellow light on my computer (the big kinda tall part where the drives and CD trays and power buttons are) flickering and being solid  but when I point to the sims 3 window still the blackness

I run windows 7 it can't be my video card because the last successful running of the game was like two three days ago

what's causing this? 

it might be good to note that on task manager sims 3 is listed as "not responding"  NOW WHAT ARGH?!

Did I just kill my game or something?!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Dec 2014, 23:50

AutumnCatMeow wrote:not here but can you look at my other thread somethings wrong with my game i think

//EDIT

I think I'm starting to view a problem with sims 3 I run it through orgin by habit. I don't think "Now I need to open it with orgin" I just do it if that's bad tell me and i'll try to knock it off in the future.

I have all sims 3 expansions and stuff packs I even have the extra "worlds" 

I've run sims 3 before and it's done wonderfully but today it's just a medium sized black window no sims 3 game just a black window (I'm in windowed mode I like it better so I can listen to youtube and browse as I work to look for cheats and fixes and things)

what's going on? last night I used delphy's tool to take the package files out of a bunch of sims3pack's which i've done before with no problem I might add. But today this.

I'm noticing the symptom of a little yellow light on my computer (the big kinda tall part where the drives and CD trays and power buttons are) flickering and being solid  but when I point to the sims 3 window still the blackness

I run windows 7 it can't be my video card because the last successful running of the game was like two three days ago

what's causing this? 

it might be good to note that on task manager sims 3 is listed as "not responding"  NOW WHAT ARGH?!

Did I just kill my game or something?!

I allowed myself to copy + paste your other post here (and I deleted the other thread afterwards). No need to open a new thread if you have a follow-up question directly related to your original issue.

Well, can you remove the .package files again, then ? If the game works after that, you'll know that they are causing the issue.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Dec 2014, 23:52

yeah but which ones are them? I really seriously doubt that if I opened my package folder there'd be packages screaming "Me Me Me I'm them!!!"  I don't know much about this I haven't played 2 in awhile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Dec 2014, 23:59

AutumnCatMeow wrote:yeah but which ones are them? I really seriously doubt that if I opened my package folder there'd be packages screaming "Me Me Me I'm them!!!"  I don't know much about this I haven't played 2 in awhile

Yes, sorry, didn't think about this eventuality. Facepalm  

But if you go into "details"-view, inside the folder, you should also see a "date of modification". If the date shows today, you know it's one of the things you added...today, basically. Also, what are the file names of these things that you extracted from the .sims3packs ? If they have fancy filenames consisting only of a combination of letters + numbers, then it probably means (don't count too much on that though)...that it's the stuff you recently added.

If you cannot determine the files, rename the "Mods"-folder, inside Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Then start the game. Does it work ? If it does, you indeed kow that the problem lies within your Mods-folder.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Dec 2014, 00:13

with the yellow light flickering and being solid could it just be "thinking" and taking a long time to load up because of so much CC?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Dec 2014, 00:16

AutumnCatMeow wrote:with the yellow light flickering and being solid could it just be "thinking" and taking a long time to load up because of so much CC?

I'm not sure, since I never had that myself until now. In my case, I have all of my stuff in .package file format, and the only thing that happens in my case is that I get a black screen with that light blue cursor in the middle. Which then leads to the main splash screen after a while.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Dec 2014, 04:45

ugh i think it's corrupted cause of cc magic damn that upsets me it took me over a week to get all the custom content i wanted and now this ********. UGH! i don't know what to do for this

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Dec 2014, 06:34

AutumnCatMeow wrote:ugh i think it's corrupted cause of cc magic damn that upsets me it took me over a week to get all the custom content i wanted and now this ********. UGH! i don't know what to do for this

If you can't fix that yourself, I'm afraid you'll have to start over.

Things like that are the reason I avoid .sims3packs (and CCMagic) altogether.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top