Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question about CCmagic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A question about CCmagic Empty A question about CCmagic

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 12:25

I am helping my brother install the game on his computer. He has all the store content from your mediafire site. Now the way I installed all that stuff (because I didn't know about ccmagic) was to select about 6 of the items, right click and open. The simslauncher would install them. It took forever but I knew they were all installed.

But then someone told me about ccmagic and I haven't used it myself but was going to use it for my brother. The question is more a confirmation and clarification. I can take all the cc (the store stuff and worlds from your mediafire site) and drag it into the downloads folder in the documents/electronicarts section....then run ccmagic and it will automatically go and see all of that stuff and install it? And is there anything in there that it won't install? Should I still run the simslauncher to catch anything that ccmagic might have missed?

Back to top Go down

A question about CCmagic Empty Re: A question about CCmagic

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 17:58

You found here a user guide for CCMagic.

I hope this will help you.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Thu 01 Nov 2012, 18:13

Putting the .sims3packs in the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads and running the The Sims 3 Launcher, going to the downloads tab, and will be able to install them, just need to do batches of like 100-150, since the Launcher has issues with display over that.

t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 18:59

yes I read that guide, and I have used the sims launcher myself. I found though that the launcher tended to miss items sometimes. And I was under the impression that ccmagic did not have the problems installing large numbers of files like the sims launcher does. is this not correct? should I stick with using the sims launcher?

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Thu 01 Nov 2012, 19:14

I do not know much about CCMagic, just quite a few people here do use it, and recommend it, either method for installing should work fine, just CCMagic does require you to learn what you need to do to use it, rather then just drop files into a folder, and hit install.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 19:21

CC Magic works well for me, BUT it does not handle lots or Sims, and it has a problem with patterns created a certain way (one particular program I believe). I usually keep all patterns in a separate folder, and remove the folder when I run CC Magic. It does a great job of installing and you can organize your CC once it's been installed. The launcher doesn't do that, and, for me, at least, the Launcher's always been way too slow and/or choosy about what it wants to install.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 20:06

k thanks very much....I think what I will do is both....dump everything into downloads and run launcher....that should get most...then run ccmagic and hopefully that will pick up the rest

I am too noob to really know what is what and I figure doing it this way won't hurt anything so I will go ahead and give it a shot...worse case scenario is I have to reinstall everything and that takes less than an hour if I have to do it

thanks all, I appreciate the input.

what would really help would be if the launcher gave a numerical count of how many items are installed....if I dump all the store updates and stuff into downloads and have a number....then after running launcher I could check to see how many items have been installed and feel secure that everything is there

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 01 Nov 2012, 22:33

Make sure that when doing it that way, you remove what you've gotten installed through the launcher, or else ccmagic will grab EVERYTHING out of the downloads folder. And that could cause a lot of duplicate files and issues with that.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top