Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansions Required to Install the Fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Expansions Required to Install the Fix Empty Expansions Required to Install the Fix

Post by Sim Architect Sat 03 Jan 2015, 13:12

Hi! I was looking for the list of expansions (at least one, I think it was Generations or above, but I am a bit unsure about it) necessary to run the fix, but besides them not showing on the "How to Install The Sims 3" topic anymore, I could not find that list anywhere else.

Help 

Did you remove that requirement on the latest update for the fix, and now people can install just the base game if they want to? There's a user with a problem that could be related to that, but I didn't want to post a reply with wrong information, so I would love to hear from you first...

Tea 3
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

silent install - Expansions Required to Install the Fix Empty Re: Expansions Required to Install the Fix

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Jan 2015, 04:33

SvenT wrote:Hi! I was looking for the list of expansions (at least one, I think it was Generations or above, but I am a bit unsure about it) necessary to run the fix, but besides them not showing on the "How to Install The Sims 3" topic anymore, I could not find that list anywhere else.

Help 

Did you remove that requirement on the latest update for the fix, and now people can install just the base game if they want to? There's a user with a problem that could be related to that, but I didn't want to post a reply with wrong information, so I would love to hear from you first...

Tea 3

You don't need any "specific" expansions or stuffpacks anymore. Smile  After updating the base game to 1.67 with the manual patch, people can install any expansions/stuffpack they like. And the Ultimate fix will work that way.

//EDIT

It was coincidence that we found this out. For a very long time we thought you'd need at least one of the expansions released from "Generations" onward (including Generations too). But the must-read guide was changed accordingly then.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

silent install - Expansions Required to Install the Fix Empty Re: Expansions Required to Install the Fix

Post by Sim Architect Sun 04 Jan 2015, 15:09

Thanks a lot! I am not crazy, yay!!!

I was really thinking that I might have lost my mind, because I didn't find that information anywhere anymore, so it was because you don't really need any expansion anymore (even though you DID before)!

Enjoy your vacations!!!

Tea 1 Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Jan 2015, 18:18

Hi there,

The only requirement is that you do actually install the cumulative version 1.67 (manual) patch, before installing any expansion packs. Or use only the game with with the 1.67 update and then immediately move to the crack step, that will work too.

I didn't update the instructions that come with the Ultimate Fix, because the Fix can theoretically be used to bypass the use of the manual patch. Although I don't think anyone tried that after we started promoting the manual patch so much. Razz
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top