Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have 2 good graphics cards, still won't boot.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have 2 good graphics cards, still won't boot.  Empty Have 2 good graphics cards, still won't boot.

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 13:11

When I try to run the game, an error message pops up that says there is a problem with the graphics cards. 

I have 2: ATI Radeon HD 4200 and ATI Radeon hd 5800, and I feel like that should be sufficient to run it. I know the 5800 isn't listed on the graphics card list, but I thought it was good enough to work?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Have 2 good graphics cards, still won't boot.  Empty Re: Have 2 good graphics cards, still won't boot.

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 22:26

have you tried updating your drivers?

Back to top Go down

Have 2 good graphics cards, still won't boot.  Empty Re: Have 2 good graphics cards, still won't boot.

Post by Guest Sat 17 Jan 2015, 15:11

Yes all of the drivers are up to date Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 19 Jan 2015, 11:56

Hi there,

2 different graphic card models in one system? Shocked
Try temporarily disabling one via the "Device Manager" and then test the game. If that didn't work, try disabling the other one instead and then testing the game.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Jan 2015, 06:13

NinaMouse wrote:When I try to run the game, an error message pops up that says there is a problem with the graphics cards. 

I have 2: ATI Radeon HD 4200 and ATI Radeon hd 5800, and I feel like that should be sufficient to run it. I know the 5800 isn't listed on the graphics card list, but I thought it was good enough to work?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I'm not too familiar with AMD/ATI, but isn't there something like the "Catalyst Control Center" (similar to the NVIDIA Control Panel for NIVDIA GPUs), where you can edit settings for your cards ?

Look if you can actually configure applications to use a certain graphics card. If the HD 5800 doesn't work, try choosing the other one. At least you can do that in NVIDIA.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top