Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in your system.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in your system.  Empty Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in your system.

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jan 2015, 14:00

I installed The Sims 4 correctly and got the issue with ''Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.'' and i then applied the ultiimate fix, and got the issue with the video card. I have ''radeon hd 4800'' as well with the newest driver. I have no idea what i could possibly do since others have succesfully played The Sims 4 with the same card as i have. 

Back to top Go down

Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in your system.  Empty Re: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in your system.

Post by Admin Fri 16 Jan 2015, 23:50

Hello,

What exactly is the video card error you get?
Just to be sure, please update your GPU drivers, using this little auto-detect tool: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/auto/autodetectutility.exe

Remember to restart your PC afterwards. Also, if possible, choose "Custom" and "Clean Installation" during the installation.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in your system.  Empty Re: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in your system.

Post by Guest Sat 17 Jan 2015, 14:09

It says exactly this, the error: ''Unable to start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimun specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed. [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:0000000]'' i did as you said to get the auto detect utillity, it says that i have the latest drivers availible, so there is nothing that i can do on that point. Thank you for your answer, i really hope that this is able to be solved.

//EDIT

Since i cannot post a link to pastebin, i will copy my DxDiag right here if you now would like to take a look.

dxdiag:

Helper edit: Added the dxdiag to a spoiler, due to it's length.
-SeoY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 19 Jan 2015, 11:54

Hi again,

Odd.
First try installing this driver the same way as I described before: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows%207%20-%2064
If it says that you already have the latest driver, just continue and install it anyway.

After restarting your PC, test the game. If that didn't work either, please try this one too: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-fix-2
It's not the same error, but it looks similar, so you never know.

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan 2015, 13:57

Hi there, i have written at the EA ''answer HQ'' in a thread, i have written the same thing as i did here pretty much, one confirmed that i do have the latest driver, they stopped with the drivers for my kind of graphic's card in 2013. This is what he said: 
Answer:

So, he is aswell trying to figure it out, i hope someone will be able to figure it out, i have been longing to play The Sims 4 for quite some time. I followed the steps in what your link said, it is still not working.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Jan 2015, 06:01

Dampstern wrote:Hi there, i have written at the EA ''answer HQ'' in a thread, i have written the same thing as i did here pretty much, one confirmed that i do have the latest driver, they stopped with the drivers for my kind of graphic's card in 2013. This is what he said: 
Answer:

So, he is aswell trying to figure it out, i hope someone will be able to figure it out, i have been longing to play The Sims 4 for quite some time. I followed the steps in what your link said, it is still not working.

I don't suppose this is going to change, until the next update maybe, when new "GPU signatures" will be added to the game files. Until then, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jan 2015, 11:34

Thank you for your answer, alright! Well aslong as i have hope to be able to play it some day i'm glad, thank you both for your time!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Feb 2015, 20:39

Dampstern wrote:Thank you for your answer, alright! Well aslong as i have hope to be able to play it some day i'm glad, thank you both for your time!

Topic is unlocked again. Smile

Yes, there is a new update out, but I cannot tell whether your GPU has been "added" yet. I actually un.installed my legit game and switched to the pirated version from G4TW, in favor of all the DLC. Hence I cannot retrieve the update and tell you the contents of these "Graphics cards.sgr" files. Which contain information on this issue.

I guess we will have to wait until the new Ultimate fix is out. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Feb 2015, 11:00

Thank you for your response once again, now i know what to do in the future, thank you. Wink Going to wait and test it out and i'll be back then i suppose!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Feb 2015, 11:18

Dampstern wrote:Thank you for your response once again, now i know what to do in the future, thank you. Wink Going to wait and test it out and i'll be back then i suppose!

No problem. Smile  Actually, when I replied to you last time, I still had my legit game, and I could have looked up the data inside those files (with Notepad), and forwarded you the information. I only recalled this method recently, because I remembered I did some "experimenting" with those files back in Sims 3. As TS3 also has these files included in the game install location.

Feel free to post back whenever you like, I will leave the topic open.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 18:58

Tested it out now, still same issue.. God dammit..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Feb 2015, 19:12

Dampstern wrote:Tested it out now, still same issue.. God dammit..

Sorry to hear about that.  Why.  Out of interest: are you having similar issues with other games ? Especially "newer" games ? And when did you buy that computer or graphics card ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 21:56

No, this is the first game i've really had any issues with at all. Crying or Very sad And i was able to play The Sims 4 CAS demo when it came out, but now i have the same issue with the demo aswell as the game. This is my stepfather's computer, his graphics card and everything, i would guess on well, 4 years back atleast that he bought the card, computer i have no idea about.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Feb 2015, 21:55

Dampstern wrote:No, this is the first game i've really had any issues with at all. Crying or Very sad And i was able to play The Sims 4 CAS demo when it came out, but now i have the same issue with the demo aswell as the game. This is my stepfather's computer, his graphics card and everything, i would guess on well, 4 years back atleast that he bought the card, computer i have no idea about.

Sorry for the very late feedback,

I have not forgotten about your issue though. Smile  I now briefly checked the relevant game files (among them the "GraphicsCard.sgr" and "GraphicsRules.sgr" files) and...the weird thing is they have data included in them about your graphics card, even though the official site (still) says otherwise:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774696/updated-supported-graphics-card-list-the-sims-4-edition

I was now thinking about the possibility of a "clean" grapics driver un-installation, but in your case it's probably not worth the hassle. The card you have is in all likelihood really unsupported, but if you want to give the driver un-install a shot, I will try and help you with that.

Be warned: if you do something wrong there, it can seriously screw up your computer. And if you say the computer is not even yours, you should better refrain from doing that altogether. But look at this here:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Don't do anything with that yet, just read it, let it "sink in" and think about the fact that the computer *is not yours*. Then let me know how you decide. Smile  However, as the saying goes, "don't fix anything that isn't broken". In your case, it's probably not worth the risk, but let's see.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Apr 2015, 12:24

Sorry for the very late answer but it's been crazy times but my stepdad, wich this computer belonged to, has moved out and i have bought the computer now so it's all mine. How do you mean with that it can seriously screw up the pc?  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Apr 2015, 07:50

Dampstern wrote:Sorry for the very late answer but it's been crazy times but my stepdad, wich this computer belonged to, has moved out and i have bought the computer now so it's all mine. How do you mean with that it can seriously screw up the pc?  Smile

It means that if you don't properly (un)install a graphics driver, you may end up with having to re-install Windows, but that's an extreme scenario of course. Have you tried already the "new" Ultimate fix, which includes the Get to Work-expansion ? Smile  Get it from here:

http://games4theworld.org/downloads
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 May 2015, 10:13

Hi, I had the same problem with my Radeon HD 4800 and after 2 hours and 2 reinstals I found the answer. You need to go to game folder ...Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Game/Bin and copy GraphicsCards.sgr to the desktop then open it in notepad, find your graphic card and change "Radeon HD 4800 Series" $cardLevelHigh $resolutionHigh " to "Radeon HD 4800 Series" $cardLevelHigh $resolutionMedium". I also change from high to medium for every radeon HD 48*. Then you need to save that file and copy back to ...The Sims 4/Game/Bin folder and replece old file. If still doesn't work delete The Sims 4 folder from My Documents/Electronic Arts folder(I do it after replecing file and i don't know if it is important or not). After this I finally run The Sims 4 Very Happy

PS. Sorry for my English, I'm not sure if everything is correct.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top