Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 causing my keyboard to disconnect

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 causing my keyboard to disconnect Empty Sims 4 causing my keyboard to disconnect

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:46

First I'll start by saying, I have the OFFICIAL game purchased from origin as a gift, so I haven't used any cracks etc, as far as mods/CC I have NONE.

I have a Steelseries Apex Illuminated gaming keyboard (because I play a lot of games), and this NEVER happens with any other game I've played, but when I load up the Sims 4, after about 5-10 minutes of game play, the keyboard will temporarily stop, the lights will flash on and off, then it will (in most cases) reconnect and continue working (after about 3-4 times of this happening, the keyboard disconnects but the lights stay on, but the keyboard is unresponsive and THEN I have to manually disconnect the keyboard from the two USB slots and reconnect it). Yes I use the keyboard (1,2,3 etc) during game play, but even if I dont use the keyboard (only use the mouse), the same thing still occurs, but ONLY with the Sims 4.

Is there anything I can do about it?? I mean I've tried uninstalling the driver for the keyboard and re installing, also tried moving the USB plug to another slot, it makes no difference. My keyboard HAS the most recent driver updates, although it is a 'plug and play' keyboard.

Is there anything I can try on the Sims 4's behalf to make sure the keyboard works while playing??

P.S The keyboard worked FINE BEFORE the most RECENT update (the January one) of the Sims 4, the most recent update, for some reason I believe is causing this.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 causing my keyboard to disconnect Empty Re: Sims 4 causing my keyboard to disconnect

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Jan 2015, 23:14

scarletrose wrote:First I'll start by saying, I have the OFFICIAL game purchased from origin as a gift, so I haven't used any cracks etc, as far as mods/CC I have NONE.

I have a Steelseries Apex Illuminated gaming keyboard (because I play a lot of games), and this NEVER happens with any other game I've played, but when I load up the Sims 4, after about 5-10 minutes of game play, the keyboard will temporarily stop, the lights will flash on and off, then it will (in most cases) reconnect and continue working (after about 3-4 times of this happening, the keyboard disconnects but the lights stay on, but the keyboard is unresponsive and THEN I have to manually disconnect the keyboard from the two USB slots and reconnect it). Yes I use the keyboard (1,2,3 etc) during game play, but even if I dont use the keyboard (only use the mouse), the same thing still occurs, but ONLY with the Sims 4.

Is there anything I can do about it?? I mean I've tried uninstalling the driver for the keyboard and re installing, also tried moving the USB plug to another slot, it makes no difference. My keyboard HAS the most recent driver updates, although it is a 'plug and play' keyboard.

Is there anything I can try on the Sims 4's behalf to make sure the keyboard works while playing??

P.S The keyboard worked FINE BEFORE the most RECENT update (the January one) of the Sims 4, the most recent update, for some reason I believe is causing this.

I'm afraid there isn't much I can suggest about this. If you don't get this with other games too, it's probably related to TS4. However, that would be the first time I've heard about problems with "peripherals" (mouses, keyboards, etc.) in a Sims game.

I do know that Sims games have GPU and other "hardware signatures" embedded in their game files. And these signatures are updated with each regular game update too. So that, for instance, brand-new as well as some older graphics cards/chips are included in the signature.

These signatures not only "allow" the game to start up, but they also contain other vital information, like performance stats of GPUs, and many other things. 

Maybe EA screwed up with the current update ? I saw another user on here saying that although she has a graphics card that is "supported" in the current hardware signatures of TS4, she cannot start up the game. My guess now would be that something similar is happening in your case too.

And if your keyboard uses a fancy driver, make sure to double-check any support sites for driver updates. But beyond that, I'm afraid I can't help more. I'm "only" using a standard "Microsoft Curve"-keyboard; nothing fancy at all. Sometimes, it disconnects itself, but this is usually resolved by plugging it out of the USB port and then back in. Plus, the disconnecting happens randomnly, and is not related to a specific game/application.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top