Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 from Origin causing pc to restart

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 from Origin causing pc to restart Empty Sims 4 from Origin causing pc to restart

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 06:18

So I just got my brother's desktop which has decent specs compared to my old laptop. I downloaded origin and started installing some packs. When I opened up the game I was able to get 5-20 minutes of gameplay before it made my whole computer restart. I don't know what to do. I updated my drivers, cleaned the fans, uninstalled and reinstalled origin. Nothing helps. I'm so frustrated and beginning to think I'll never get to play again.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 from Origin causing pc to restart Empty Re: Sims 4 from Origin causing pc to restart

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 07:39

Try repairing game files in Origin.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 from Origin causing pc to restart Empty Re: Sims 4 from Origin causing pc to restart

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 08:26

If you mean right click on it and repair game, I tried that and sadly it did not work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 08:57

What are the specs anyway? And can you play other games without that restart problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 19:51

Specs are more that enough to run Sims 4. Hmm...

1. Can you play other Origin games?
2. Try disabling "Origin in game".
3. Try playing with crack: rename "Game" folder in your sims installation directory to something else and paste there cracked "Game" folder from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 22:28

The only other origin game I have is sims 3 and it is downloading but will probably take a whole day or more to finish. Same goes for the torrent download.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 22:37

I meant just the "Game" folder.
☠️ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠️ wrote:Those of you using the ZLOrigin-version of The Sims 4 can grab the "Game"-folder for the 1.44.

Mirror 1

Mirror 2

Mirror 3
And what about disabling "Origin in game"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 00:37

I disabled origin in game and I used the crack, neither worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top