Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sim not able to cook

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim not able to cook Empty Sim not able to cook

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 21:21

Its my Sim ' s birthday,  and I wanted him and his I best friends to have his party at a bar. I forgot to make a cake so I just added a fridge, counters, and an oven.

I had one of my Sims make a the white cake and the 15 simoleans were withdrawn but there was no action bubble on the bottom left. I attempted to do this several times and every time it took 15 simoleans and no action. This does not only apply to the white cake, it also happens on the bar, the grill, any food item.

I've attempted to delete the objects, re-position them, tried different ovens, fridges, and counters.

People have said that the solution to this would be to repair the game via Origin, how do I do that? If not, any other suggestions?

I

Back to top Go down

Sim not able to cook Empty Re: Sim not able to cook

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Jan 2015, 03:21

marvinpunz wrote:Its my Sim ' s birthday,  and I wanted him and his I best friends to have his party at a bar. I forgot to make a cake so I just added a fridge, counters, and an oven.

I had one of my Sims make a the white cake and the 15 simoleans were withdrawn but there was no action bubble on the bottom left. I attempted to do this several times and every time it took 15 simoleans and no action. This does not only apply to the white cake, it also happens on the bar, the grill, any food item.

I've attempted to delete the objects, re-position them, tried different ovens, fridges, and counters.

People have said that the solution to this would be to repair the game via Origin, how do I do that? If not, any other suggestions?

I

Sorry for the late reply marvinpunz,

Are you using any mods for The Sims  4? 

Other than that it looks to me like a glitch, that needs to be fixed by a future patch. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Feb 2015, 14:33

I have the same problem, sims cant cook, it seems it has something to do with the latest update when i searched it in internet. And solution is to let Origin "repair" it. But i cant connect origin Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Feb 2015, 17:13

dida87 wrote:I have the same problem, sims cant cook, it seems it has something to do with the latest update when i searched it in internet. And solution is to let Origin "repair" it. But i cant connect origin Sad

Before I switched to the pirated game (from Games4TheWorld) I had a legit game on Origin, and I had that cooking glitch once, but that disappeared after simply exiting the game, and then re-starting it.

Now, with the pirated game, I don't have the glitch either, anymore. Same as I said before, goes for you too: are you sure that this isn't caused by your (incompatible) mods/CC ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 16:45

I see.. I dont have any mods. I solved the issue yesterday by deleting the localthumbcache.package file in
MY documents - > Electronic ARTS - > thesims4 -> localthumbcache.package

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Feb 2015, 18:14

dida87 wrote:I see.. I dont have any mods. I solved the issue yesterday by deleting the localthumbcache.package file in
MY documents - > Electronic ARTS - > thesims4 -> localthumbcache.package

Alright, thanks for letting us know about this ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top