Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Text pertaining to expansion packs is blank in Sims 3. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Text pertaining to expansion packs is blank in Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Text pertaining to expansion packs is blank in Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 28 Aug 2011, 21:15

Alright, so I've installed the base game, and that was fine. I installed Generations next, like the forums said, and then I updated the game. Then I installed Ambitions and late Night. But all text relating to the new content is just.. gone. The info for Bridgeport and Twinbrook is there, but all new lessons, info bubbles in the top right corner and trait info are all missing. I'm at a loss here. I've looked all over the internet, and nothing's worked so far. I've uninstalled and reinstalled literally 10 times, trying to fix it.

Text pertaining to expansion packs is blank in Sims 3. [SOLVED] Simssss

I checked the forums, and I couldn't find anything that helped.

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Text pertaining to expansion packs is blank in Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Text pertaining to expansion packs is blank in Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 29 Aug 2011, 09:46

Hello,
How about textballoons in game? Are they also blank?
I'm assuming you've installed the game in English (given your location) but if not, this might help.
Hopefully Admin can shed some light as well.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Text pertaining to expansion packs is blank in Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Text pertaining to expansion packs is blank in Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 29 Aug 2011, 15:35

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 17:02

I tried that first, and it didn't work.

It's completely baffling!

EDIT//

I thought I'd give you some more information. Yes, text balloons are blank. New lessons, house info, job info, anything pertaining to the new expansion packs are blank. But everything that had to do with the base game are there. Regular lessons, job stuff.. if I uninstalled the expansion packs, the base game would work fine.

A few months ago, I tried to install the Sims 3, Ambitions and late Night (the ones I'm trying to install with your torrents + Generations) with her CD's. I got the same problem there as I did here. There wasn't any text relating to the new content, and the official Sims 3 forum wouldn't help me any. Even then, I tried the fixes from here, and they didn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 29 Aug 2011, 22:32

Sareth wrote:I tried that first, and it didn't work.

It's completely baffling!

EDIT//

I thought I'd give you some more information. Yes, text balloons are blank. New lessons, house info, job info, anything pertaining to the new expansion packs are blank. But everything that had to do with the base game are there. Regular lessons, job stuff.. if I uninstalled the expansion packs, the base game would work fine.

A few months ago, I tried to install the Sims 3, Ambitions and late Night (the ones I'm trying to install with your torrents + Generations) with her CD's. I got the same problem there as I did here. There wasn't any text relating to the new content, and the official Sims 3 forum wouldn't help me any. Even then, I tried the fixes from here, and they didn't work.
Hello,

OK, in which language is your game now and which expansions do you have?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 23:19

Everything is in English (EN-us) or (en-US), if it matters either way.

And for expansions, I have Ambitions, late Night and Generations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 29 Aug 2011, 23:23

Sareth wrote:Everything is in English (EN-us) or (en-US), if it matters either way.

And for expansions, I have Ambitions, late Night and Generations.
Hello,

Did you feel like you got the problems after installing a specific pack?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 23:34

No. I've uninstalled each expansion one by one to see if it was one of them, but nothing changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 29 Aug 2011, 23:43

Sareth wrote:No. I've uninstalled each expansion one by one to see if it was one of them, but nothing changed.
Hello,

Ok, then I'm clueless too, really.
You could try to install Town Life Stuff and then apply the Ultimate Fix. This'll give you the latest version of the game. It might fix some problems.

Besides, did you restart your PC before the reinstallation?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 23:47

Yep. I did restart. I'm just as clueless. I mean, I've been all over the internet in search of a fix for this, and I haven't been able to find anything!

EDIT// I'm not quite sure that installing Town life stuff will work. If it didn't work without Generations, I'm not quite sure what a stuff pack will do to resolve the issue..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 30 Aug 2011, 09:45

Hello,
With Town Life stuff and the latest fix, your game will be 100% up to date.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 30 Aug 2011, 14:01

Sareth wrote:Yep. I did restart. I'm just as clueless. I mean, I've been all over the internet in search of a fix for this, and I haven't been able to find anything!

EDIT// I'm not quite sure that installing Town life stuff will work. If it didn't work without Generations, I'm not quite sure what a stuff pack will do to resolve the issue..
Hi there,

It's worth trying, right?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2011, 17:15

Alright. I'm downloading the torrent now, and I'll post and see what happens. Just to be safe, I'll install it in this order:

Base Game > Town life > Generations > Ambitions > late Night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 30 Aug 2011, 17:47

Sareth wrote:Alright. I'm downloading the torrent now, and I'll post and see what happens. Just to be safe, I'll install it in this order:

Base Game > Town life > Generations > Ambitions > late Night.
Hi there,

Very well, we'll be waiting for the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Aug 2011, 06:21

This might take a bit more time than expected. I had to do a system restore of my computer because I kept getting the blue screen, so I'm trying to get the torrents back onto my computer.

I'll post again after I finish downloading and installing.

//EDIT

Okay! It works now. Since I recently restored my laptop, and installed everything but Outdoor living and Fast lane, it works perfectly. I'm not sure if I had to install Town life, or if it was a problem about my computer prior to the restoration, but it works fine now. Thanks for all your help! Very Happy

Admin edit: You're welcome. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else! For now, topic closed.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top