Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 uninstalling old expansion packs.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 uninstalling old expansion packs.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 uninstalling old expansion packs.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 18:05

So yes i have a large problem. I've done everything correct step by step with the MUST READ-list and still Sims 3 doesnt work.
Then i found these some expansion pack I havent installed in the control panel. Inc. katy perry, fast lane, etc. I installed 2 days ago the Blackbox sims 3 complete collection AND I DELETED IT BECAUSE IT DIDNT WORK. but seems these stayed.
When i tried to delete those expansions it just says i need to contact the administrator and they cannot be deleted. Suffice to say i am the administrator.

I also tried to delete all those regedit things and tried to find ^ those in there but there was nothing.

I literally have tried anything from deleting sims 3 and bootting my computer to installing it all again. Running out of options here..

So if anybody knows how to delete those please help. I suspect they are the problem from keeping sims 3 with addons to launch.

EDIT: I managed to delete the old files with ccleaner so they dont show up on my control panel. Now I install Sims 3+expansion again with the must read guide. I'll be updating..

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 uninstalling old expansion packs.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 uninstalling old expansion packs.[SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Sun 30 Dec 2012, 19:39

Good luck, and let us know how it goes/ if you need any other help. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 uninstalling old expansion packs.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 uninstalling old expansion packs.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 20:58

invalidusername wrote:Good luck, and let us know how it goes/ if you need any other help. Smile

OK. I got it working Smile It was all about those files in the control panel that had to get rid off.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 30 Dec 2012, 22:39

Congrats on fixing it yourself! Very Happy Enjoy the game, and let us know if you ever need any help again.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 31 Dec 2012, 12:28

Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top