Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a way for us to change our default font color. style and size?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is there a way for us to change our default font color. style and size? Empty Is there a way for us to change our default font color. style and size?

Post by Sim Architect Sun 25 Jan 2015, 04:33

I would love a way of not using the BB Code below for my every post, since I always like to use this shade of pink...

Code:
[color=#FFAABB]Text Text Text[/color]
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Is there a way for us to change our default font color. style and size? Empty Re: Is there a way for us to change our default font color. style and size?

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jan 2015, 05:29

You know, that is a really good question.

Back to top Go down

Is there a way for us to change our default font color. style and size? Empty Re: Is there a way for us to change our default font color. style and size?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Jan 2015, 08:02

SvenT wrote:I would love a way of not using the BB Code below for my every post, since I always like to use this shade of pink...

Code:
[color=#FFAABB]Text Text Text[/color]

stabitha666 wrote:You know, that is a really good question.

Hello all,

Administrators could theoretically change the default font type, font size and font color used too, however (if I'm not mistaken), these changes will then apply to ALL users on the forum. So let's say if someone doesn't like pink, or my "emerald green", then he or she would have to change it again, into something else.

You cannot seem to change styles individually, for a certain user, at least not in this version of phpbb (there are other types of forum software too, but they aren't used by "Forumotion").

Also, if you change the default font color from white into something else, all the text on the main page (forum index) that is white, will also turn into that color.

But yes, maybe the Admin can shed more light on this.  Carlos is tha man

Tea 5
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 25 Jan 2015, 21:59

Hi there,

Good question indeed. We had a "complex font colour" option, but me and Lady ElDi decided to turn it off after a while. Can't recall why exactly, I think because it was too complex or something? (Not very useful if you quickly needed one specific colour)
Let's see if I can temporarily turn it on again. Decide for yourselves.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 26 Jan 2015, 01:32

Admin wrote:Hi there,

Good question indeed. We had a "complex font colour" option, but me and Lady ElDi decided to turn it off after a while. Can't recall why exactly, I think because it was too complex or something? (Not very useful if you quickly needed one specific colour)
Thanks! I see you activated it. It looks nice (I found out it shows the hex code for colorblind people like myself, while you hover the pointer, but my color #FFAABB isn't there yet) Wink

It's a shame we can't have a default "style" as we do with our signatures, so we could customize font, text alignment and color, among other things, for all our posts (not for all forum posts, which would be nonsense, then we could all go plain white)...

Don't worry, we'll just keep doing what we always do, maybe someday they come with it through an update. It was a nice change, I think people will like to have lots of shades to pick up from without needing to use the "color" bbcode, I'll think of something and let you know if I find a solution...

Have a great evening!!!

Tea 1 Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jan 2015, 16:15

Holy Mother of Colors...Its like looking at a whole pantone booklet at once.
You two totally rock as usual, Lady and The Ad(min)!

(edit)

Last edited by stabitha666 on Mon 26 Jan 2015, 16:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Brighter Color)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 26 Jan 2015, 22:15

SvenT wrote:
Admin wrote:Hi there,

Thanks! I see you activated it. It looks nice (I found out it shows the hex code for colorblind people like myself, while you hover the pointer, but my color #FFAABB isn't there yet) Wink

It's a shame we can't have a default "style" as we do with our signatures, so we could customize font, text alignment and color, among other things, for all our posts (not for all forum posts, which would be nonsense, then we could all go plain white)...

Don't worry, we'll just keep doing what we always do, maybe someday they come with it through an update. It was a nice change, I think people will like to have lots of shades to pick up from without needing to use the "color" bbcode, I'll think of something and let you know if I find a solution...

Have a great evening!!!

Tea 1 Tea 1
You can always try a request here: http://help.forumotion.com/f30-suggestions-for-your-forums Razz
Forum version is phpBB3.
And please don't mention this Forum. Razz

stabitha666 wrote:Holy Mother of Colors...Its like looking at a whole pantone booklet at once.
That's probably why we removed it. Or... was it because Lady ElDi couldn't find her "own" colour in the extended colour list...? Oh my...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top