Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Curious Player

View previous topic View next topic Go down

For the Curious Player Empty For the Curious Player

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jan 2015, 23:47

Per the advisement of Admin, I've created this topic here rather than in the "exchange" section. 

I offer the following link to the lot as described in this topic on this site here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18950-can-a-lot-be-too-large

* * * WARNING * * * This lot is 547mb in size. It REQUIRES every expansion, stuff, all store content, and an un-calculated amount of custom content from at least 4 different websites. It sits currently unfinished and I have but a small idea about it's play-ability. The basis of which this lot is built is from the artist MrNSheikh from TSR and his interpretation of Buckingham Palace. I obviously would like to thank any/all artists for the creation of any object/mod that may have played a part in my ability to expand on this lot. To that end the mods that I have installed play no part in the ability of this lot to function. This was built from whatever current version existed in 2011 and is currently being constructed under the current version of today. I can not stress enough how intricate and complex this lot is nor how long it takes to load. * * * WARNING * * *

That said...the reason for this offering is to not share what I've modified but instead to offer up the question "can a lot be too large" I only have 1 machine to test this theory on, so I figured I would ask the community if there is a geometrical limit?

http://goo.gl/qdiUxG

This is the link that should allow you to download this.

For the Curious Player Screenshot

Thank you for your time and attention regarding this: I should note...As long as I do not load up the subterranean garage with custom cars...the lot does not freeze, when I get to about 26 or more cars anywhere on the lot...the game will lock up.

Last edited by Carlos on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 17:36; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated Link)

Back to top Go down

For the Curious Player Empty Re: For the Curious Player

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 29 Jan 2015, 09:41

Hello,

Can you specify whether you/the original creator used decrapified or untouched store stuff, sims3packs or packages.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 23:59

All of the content that would require decrapifying has been, and all other custom content  (non EA) is from the vast community of talented artists.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Jan 2015, 07:47

Ok!
I will be happy to take a look.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 01 Feb 2015, 17:30

So far it's not even showing up in game!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Feb 2015, 17:37

I fixed the link so as to bypass the annoying "adFly"-thing. I also fixed the image URL. Smile

That said, I will try it myself, later on or tomorrow, to see if I can get it working. Very Happy  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 23:24

Lady ElDi wrote:So far it's not even showing up in game!

Downloaded

Installed

but isn't showing in the bin to place?

or

Downloaded

Installed

Showing in the bin but when placed doesn't appear?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 04 Feb 2015, 01:29

Looks cute! flower
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 03:23

SvenT wrote:Looks cute! flower

Did it work for you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 04 Feb 2015, 06:36

OSOK wrote:
SvenT wrote:Looks cute! flower

Did it work for you?
I didn't try it, sorry... Didn't play The Sims for quite a bit, but I liked the picture...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Feb 2015, 07:50

OSOK wrote:Downloaded

Installed

but isn't showing in the bin to place?

(...)

That's what's happening to me (and I haven't heard from your second "scenario", as of now). It installed in the launcher after a while, but it doesn't show up in the bin - yes, I made sure to delete cache files before starting the game.

I also tried placing the .package file of the lot that was created inside the DCBackup folder (had to determine the file with the help of S3PE), into the "Library"-folder, but that didn't help either.

My guess is that there are limitations of some sort, as to what you can import/install into a game. But you can try it on your own: rename the folder "The Sims 3" in Documents/Electronic Arts and start the launcher to create a fresh "The Sims 3"-folder. Close the launcher. Inside the fresh TS3 folder, place that .sims3pack of yours and install it. Then see if it shows up for you in-game.

But even if it shows up, it doesn't necessarily mean it *is working* for all. It's not working for Lady, and it's not working for me either. Sorry. But I will try a few other things, and keep you posted on this.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 02:02

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the amount of content as well as custom content that you may not have the files for. I'ts all just guessing as I'm quite certain EA never allowed such a lot to be created. I tried also to increase my paging file and allowable paging file size after looking at dump files after a crash it was the only thing I could control. Currently my minimum page file is double the physical memory 24gb and the maximum size is double of that. 

Also, when I have just the launcher (TS3W.exe) open according to the task manager the amount of memory used jumps to about 1.5gb and that's before I press the "play" button to access the game in the first place. The loading screens aren't that long but that just seems awfully high as when I crash the dump log reads basically 3.3gb. Thank you all for even attempting to load it just to see what happens, I'm going to remove the sublevels for now and see if i can just get the lot finished.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 05 Feb 2015, 22:48

OSOK wrote:I'm sure it has a lot to do with the amount of content as well as custom content that you may not have the files for. I'ts all just guessing as I'm quite certain EA never allowed such a lot to be created. I tried also to increase my paging file and allowable paging file size after looking at dump files after a crash it was the only thing I could control. Currently my minimum page file is double the physical memory 24gb and the maximum size is double of that. 

Also, when I have just the launcher (TS3W.exe) open according to the task manager the amount of memory used jumps to about 1.5gb and that's before I press the "play" button to access the game in the first place. The loading screens aren't that long but that just seems awfully high as when I crash the dump log reads basically 3.3gb. Thank you all for even attempting to load it just to see what happens, I'm going to remove the sublevels for now and see if i can just get the lot finished.

Missing CC might be meaningful in terms of actual decoration inside the house. But the whole lot not even showing up in the bin ? I find that rather unlikely, but of course I can't tell for sure. The "base structure" for each lot (walls, foundation, roof, etc.) is the same whether or not you may have additional custom content. So the lot should at least show up in the bin.

But it's OK. It was definitely a nice experiment !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 06 Feb 2015, 04:33

Carlos wrote:
OSOK wrote:I'm sure it has a lot to do with the amount of content as well as custom content that you may not have the files for. I'ts all just guessing as I'm quite certain EA never allowed such a lot to be created. I tried also to increase my paging file and allowable paging file size after looking at dump files after a crash it was the only thing I could control. Currently my minimum page file is double the physical memory 24gb and the maximum size is double of that. 

Missing CC might be meaningful in terms of actual decoration inside the house. But the whole lot not even showing up in the bin ? I find that rather unlikely, but of course I can't tell for sure. The "base structure" for each lot (walls, foundation, roof, etc.) is the same whether or not you may have additional custom content. So the lot should at least show up in the bin.

But it's OK. It was definitely a nice experiment !
What he said. Downloading your lot right now... I will come back later after I have the chance to try it.

Can't install it. I tried the original file, it said it was installed, but I could not find it as well.

Then, I decrapified it, to see if it would fix the problem, but now I get an "Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again."

Did any of you try to convert the file into package format and see if it would work that way?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down