Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legit Base Game & Outdoor Retreat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legit Base Game & Outdoor Retreat Empty Legit Base Game & Outdoor Retreat

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 00:33

I read through that whole topic about cracking outdoor retreat in which somebody said that if I just applied the ultimate fix I would be able to play w/ outdoor retreat despite having a legit base game but I'm unsure.

I initially had G4TW's version of Sims 4 but my laptop started messing up after a while and I became pretty paranoid so instead of dealing with the hassle I just bought the game. So basically would I have to reinstall the whole cracked Sims 4 to play outdoor retreat or is there (or is there going to be) a workaround ? Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Legit Base Game & Outdoor Retreat Empty Re: Legit Base Game & Outdoor Retreat

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 01:22

Hi there, @CordlessBlur! Smile

When you say you're "unsure", you mean you already tried it and it didn't work or it's that you are afraid to try it?

And what exactly do you mean when you say that your laptop started messing up? Were you getting errors of any sort? Or what was exactly happening?

We can't really tell you at this point in time if applying the Ultimate Fix will work with a legit base game. No one has tried it, and if they have, they haven't really reported back with results. The only way to know is to give it a shot. So we can't know if you have to install the G4TW's version or if there is a workaround (or a need for it). Sorry about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 01:35

I have a legit base game and I installed the fix with no problems and it works flawlessly. All objects, lots etc are available.

Also, if I were you, I would uninstall the cracked one because in my personal experience/opinion it is always better to have the legit version if you can help it, especially since you paid for it! Uninstall the crack, in past versions you could easily keep your saves not sure about TS4, and install the fix. As for navigating to your Origin Games folder.. for me it's:

D:\Origin Games\The Sims 4

Hope it helps  Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 01:40

jenstl wrote:I have a legit base game and I installed the fix with no problems and it works flawlessly. All objects, lots etc are available.

Thanks for letting us know! Very Happy

Did you leave the game folder in Origin Games? And can it open normally even with Origin closed? (I imagine so because you are getting all of the DLC).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 03:57

SeoY wrote:Hi there, @CordlessBlur! Smile

When you say you're "unsure", you mean you already tried it and it didn't work or it's that you are afraid to try it?

And what exactly do you mean when you say that your laptop started messing up? Were you getting errors of any sort? Or what was exactly happening?

We can't really tell you at this point in time if applying the Ultimate Fix will work with a legit base game. No one has tried it, and if they have, they haven't really reported back with results. The only way to know is to give it a shot. So we can't know if you have to install the G4TW's version or if there is a workaround (or a need for it). Sorry about that.

Prior to buying the legit game I had downloaded and used the Sims 4 from here for about a month or two ish I bought it on boxing day  due to the sale. It had been working pretty fine to my recollection but around the same time my Nortons said I had a bunch of virus' and my laptop was running slow despite marking the Sims files as safe, I basically got paranoid because UTorrent was also saying the sims file could be harmful so ended up uninstalling everything and buying the legit game - I'm pretty sure the virus was from some extension that installed itself on chrome.

@jenstl
You mean I can install the Ultimate fix despite having the legit base game? Do know if it would mess with Origin's auto updates or anything ?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 Feb 2015, 13:22

jenstl wrote:I have a legit base game and I installed the fix with no problems and it works flawlessly. All objects, lots etc are available.

Also, if I were you, I would uninstall the cracked one because in my personal experience/opinion it is always better to have the legit version if you can help it, especially since you paid for it! Uninstall the crack, in past versions you could easily keep your saves not sure about TS4, and install the fix. As for navigating to your Origin Games folder.. for me it's:

D:\Origin Games\The Sims 4

Hope it helps  Surprised

The only advantage of a legit game is that you can use the gallery without any limitations, but that's about it. I actually switched from a legit "TS4 Limited Edition" to G4TW's game because of the DLC. 

So yes, you can continue using your bought game, because you "paid for it". Or you can apply the Ultimate fix to the legit game, but then encounter some difficulties with the gallery. 

Personally, I prefer the cracked one with the DLCs, even if using the gallery is cumbersome. Very Happy 

CordlessBlur wrote:
Prior to buying the legit game I had downloaded and used the Sims 4 from here for about a month or two ish I bought it on boxing day  due to the sale. It had been working pretty fine to my recollection but around the same time my Nortons said I had a bunch of virus' and my laptop was running slow despite marking the Sims files as safe, I basically got paranoid because UTorrent was also saying the sims file could be harmful so ended up uninstalling everything and buying the legit game - I'm pretty sure the virus was from some extension that installed itself on chrome.

@jenstl
You mean I can install the Ultimate fix despite having the legit base game? Do know if it would mess with Origin's auto updates or anything ?

My guess is that applying the Ultimate fix won't "mess" with anything, since the crack (of the Ultimate fix) enables you to start the game without Origin. Also, this implies that you won't be able to "auto-update" either, since updates can only be obtained via the Origin client.

Also: Norton is known to be a VERY resource-intensive program, and you might want to consider switching to something else. I myself use avast Internet Security. It only needs small amounts of computer processing power, it's still strong enough, and it actually accepts your input if you edit the exclusions.

Next, in my opinion, your "panic" may have been understandable, but in the end not really justified. As I said, Norton wouldn't exactly be my first-choice in anti-virus programs, and the fact that your cracked G4TW game worked fine for a month or two was/is also a VERY strong indicator that nothing was wrong with the game itself in the first place. 

Of course it's easy to give away these tips from my perspective, since I'm very familiar with all this stuff. But for the future, it wouldn't be bad if you tried consulting someone else before making serious decisions, like buying an overpriced and overhyped Sims 4 base game. Since buying that game was absolutely unnecessary in my opinion.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 21:25

Carlos wrote:
My guess is that applying the Ultimate fix won't "mess" with anything, since the crack (of the Ultimate fix) enables you to start the game without Origin. Also, this implies that you won't be able to "auto-update" either, since updates can only be obtained via the Origin client.

Also: Norton is known to be a VERY resource-intensive program, and you might want to consider switching to something else. I myself use avast Internet Security. It only needs small amounts of computer processing power, it's still strong enough, and it actually accepts your input if you edit the exclusions.

Next, in my opinion, your "panic" may have been understandable, but in the end not really justified. As I said, Norton wouldn't exactly be my first-choice in anti-virus programs, and the fact that your cracked G4TW game worked fine for a month or two was/is also a VERY strong indicator that nothing was wrong with the game itself in the first place. 

Of course it's easy to give away these tips from my perspective, since I'm very familiar with all this stuff. But for the future, it wouldn't be bad if you tried consulting someone else before making serious decisions, like buying an overpriced and overhyped Sims 4 base game. Since buying that game was absolutely unnecessary in my opinion.
I use Nortons since that's what my family owns and trusts, the program does exclude things if you ask it to which I did.
 I actually installed the game twice before it started working and only played it about 3 times during that period in which my Nvidia wouldn't even notice it as a program although I assume it's because my drivers weren't updated or something.

Also I'm actually kinda familiar with this process since I've used it for some of the Sims 3 expansion but those times I didn't get UTorrent telling me the file was harmful, hence why I was worried. I actually asked here before I bought the game since I didn't want to waste my money but it was less than half price and not really a 'serious decision' in my opinion, I'm sure you also said that you bought the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 Feb 2015, 22:37

CordlessBlur wrote:I use Nortons since that's what my family owns and trusts, the program does exclude things if you ask it to which I did.
 I actually installed the game twice before it started working and only played it about 3 times during that period in which my Nvidia wouldn't even notice it as a program although I assume it's because my drivers weren't updated or something.

Also I'm actually kinda familiar with this process since I've used it for some of the Sims 3 expansion but those times I didn't get UTorrent telling me the file was harmful, hence why I was worried. I actually asked here before I bought the game since I didn't want to waste my money but it was less than half price and not really a 'serious decision' in my opinion, I'm sure you also said that you bought the game?

I'm almost sure that Norton itself might not be a bad program at all, but the other circumstances surrounding it (very resource-intensive, high likelihood of "false positive"-detection) make it unattractive for me personally. But if it's working for you, then it's nice of course. Smile  Yes, you can often add exclusions in a program, but that doesn't necessarily mean the program will abide by these rules. But I'm just glad that avast actually does accept my input.

As for me, I actually got my legit base game as a gift. back then. Sure, it was nice being able to play a legit game in the beginning, but knowing that this wouldn't last forever, I eventually decided to switch to G4TW's game, in favor of the DLC items. Of course, the downside is that I can't use the gallery so easily as I used to with the legit game. Now, that I don't use my legit game anymore, I'm actually sharing my Origin account with another girl, so that she can play that "Limited Edition" of TS4, without buying the game. 

Also, it's good that you bought the game on a discount ! Since the regular price of that was around 60 USD/Euros. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Feb 2015, 21:49

Carlos wrote:
I'm almost sure that Norton itself might not be a bad program at all, but the other circumstances surrounding it (very resource-intensive, high likelihood of "false positive"-detection) make it unattractive for me personally. But if it's working for you, then it's nice of course. Smile  Yes, you can often add exclusions in a program, but that doesn't necessarily mean the program will abide by these rules. But I'm just glad that avast actually does accept my input.

As for me, I actually got my legit base game as a gift. back then. Sure, it was nice being able to play a legit game in the beginning, but knowing that this wouldn't last forever, I eventually decided to switch to G4TW's game, in favor of the DLC items. Of course, the downside is that I can't use the gallery so easily as I used to with the legit game. Now, that I don't use my legit game anymore, I'm actually sharing my Origin account with another girl, so that she can play that "Limited Edition" of TS4, without buying the game. 

Also, it's good that you bought the game on a discount ! Since the regular price of that was around 60 USD/Euros. 
Sorry if anything I said came of as rude (unintentional), I'm debating as I like the fact that I can easily update instead of waiting and since you guys said you would skip small updates I'm unsure wheether to download it but I also kinda want the stuff pack -__-
What are the the gallery problems ?I tend to download from TSR in package files so I guess it wouldn't really affect me,  also It's original price was like 50 since ££ which I still find waaay to expensive for a game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Feb 2015, 21:54

CordlessBlur wrote:Sorry if anything I said came of as rude (unintentional), I'm debating as I like the fact that I can easily update instead of waiting and since you guys said you would skip small updates I'm unsure wheether to download it but I also kinda want the stuff pack -__-
What are the the gallery problems ?I tend to download from TSR in package files so I guess it wouldn't really affect me,  also It's original price was like 50 since ££ which I still find waaay to expensive for a game.

Hi again, @CordlessBlur! Smile

It was said that we would *possibly* skip small updates. And so far, I think that none of them have been skipped (or maybe just one, that was really minor).

The Gallery 'problems' are nothing game-breaking, unless you like to upload things to the Gallery. You just need to make sure to only access the Gallery from the Main Menu, and when you are done with it, close Origin before entering any Save you have. You can find more details regarding that here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

Just let us know what you decide to do. And if you have any questions, be sure to let us know. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Feb 2015, 16:23

CordlessBlur wrote:Sorry if anything I said came of as rude (unintentional), I'm debating as I like the fact that I can easily update instead of waiting and since you guys said you would skip small updates I'm unsure wheether to download it but I also kinda want the stuff pack -__-

It's OK. Smile  

One of the main issues is that with Origin logged in, you cannot use the DLC items in the pirated game, indeed. And if you haven't seen it yet, I also wrote a guide about manually installing custom content, here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18175-how-to-install-custom-content-in-ts4-package-files-script-mods-custom-sims-lots

Keep us posted, if you like. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top