Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I download and USE the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix + Outdoor Retreat with a LEGIT copy of the Sims 4??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I download and USE the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix + Outdoor Retreat with a LEGIT copy of the Sims 4?? Empty Can I download and USE the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix + Outdoor Retreat with a LEGIT copy of the Sims 4??

Post by Guest Tue 10 Feb 2015, 12:08

As the title says, I own a legit copy of the Sims 4 (bought by my lovely boyfriend), however, I don't plan on purchasing DLC or EXP/SP for the Sims 4.
I currently have the MOST RECENT update of the Sims 4, and am waiting until G4TW update the ultimate fix with outdoor retreat so I can put that in my game.  
So would I be able to do this? (download the ultimate fix + outdoor retreat and use it with my legit copy of the Sims 4).

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Can I download and USE the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix + Outdoor Retreat with a LEGIT copy of the Sims 4?? Empty Re: Can I download and USE the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix + Outdoor Retreat with a LEGIT copy of the Sims 4??

Post by Guest Tue 10 Feb 2015, 13:53

Hi there, @scarletrose! Very Happy

The Ultimate Fix already has the Outdoor Retreat and Holiday Celebration Packs included. The thing is, it's only updated to the version 1.3.32.1010 as of the moment. If your legit game is updated, then it's already at version 1.4.83.1010. This apparently causes some issues by the time you apply the Ultimate Fix to the legit game. So, it's probable that you can't do that right now.

By the time we update the Ultimate Fix to the latest version, maybe this issue won't happen anymore. But we can't really tell until that happens.

So, for the moment, if you want to use the G4TW version of the game, you'll have to uninstall the version you have right now and replace it with the one from G4TW. Sorry about that.

Please, let us know if you intend to do it or just leave it at that. Or if you encounter any problems, don't doubt to post them here. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Can I download and USE the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix + Outdoor Retreat with a LEGIT copy of the Sims 4?? Empty Re: Can I download and USE the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix + Outdoor Retreat with a LEGIT copy of the Sims 4??

Post by Guest Tue 10 Feb 2015, 14:21

Okay I see.  So when the Ultimate fix is updated to version 1.4.83.1010 AND if EA doesn't release anymore updates (before then) and both the Ultimate fix and my legit origin version are 1.4.83.1010, would I be able to apply the Ultimate Fix and get the game working without issues?

I'm just trying to determine if it wont work because of the update versions being different - or for another reason.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Feb 2015, 15:29

scarletrose wrote:Okay I see.  So when the Ultimate fix is updated to version 1.4.83.1010 AND if EA doesn't release anymore updates (before then) and both the Ultimate fix and my legit origin version are 1.4.83.1010, would I be able to apply the Ultimate Fix and get the game working without issues?

I'm just trying to determine if it wont work because of the update versions being different - or for another reason.

Thanks!

Theoretically, yes, it should work just fine. But we can't guarantee anything because we have not tested it. We can't really know until after the Ultimate Fix has been updated, and it can be tried with the legit game to see the result.

Sorry that I can't really assure you anything further than that.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Feb 2015, 15:46

scarletrose wrote:Okay I see.  So when the Ultimate fix is updated to version 1.4.83.1010 AND if EA doesn't release anymore updates (before then) and both the Ultimate fix and my legit origin version are 1.4.83.1010, would I be able to apply the Ultimate Fix and get the game working without issues?

Thanks!

Or you can simply un-install your legit game now, and download the pirated one from Games4TheWorld in the meantime. So that you can already play with all the DLC content. Smile 

It would be a more practical option, instead of waiting for the new crack. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 02:41

Carlos wrote:

Thanks!

Or you can simply un-install your legit game now, and download the pirated one from Games4TheWorld in the meantime. So that you can already play with all the DLC content. Smile 

It would be a more practical option, instead of waiting for the new crack. 
Indeed it probably would be, however I'm sort of procrastinating that option because I have a legacy type family I'm playing right now.  Would someone be so kind as to tell me how I can back up my family so that after the uninstall I can put them back into the cracked game?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Feb 2015, 18:49

scarletrose wrote:Indeed it probably would be, however I'm sort of procrastinating that option because I have a legacy type family I'm playing right now.  Would someone be so kind as to tell me how I can back up my family so that after the uninstall I can put them back into the cracked game?

Sorry for the slightly belated reply scarletrose, but you can simply back up your folder "The Sims 4", located in Documents/Electronic Arts. Back the folder up in a safe place, just to be safe.

And then you un-install a Sims 4 game, and re-install a different "version". The savefiles and all your other stuff should still be recognized by the game, independent of whether it's cracked or legit. In case it doesn't show up, use your backup. Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top