Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 University Life issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 University Life issue Empty Sims 3 University Life issue

Post by Guest Fri 06 Feb 2015, 09:03

I currently have my sim in university and I have them pursuing the Business major and only enrolled for ONE term . I don know how the terms work and how long they are, but I noticed that my sim has been in University for a long time now and it seems like they'll never be finished. It seems like every time they complete a final exam, it just restarts all over again. My sim has taken at least 5 or 6 exams already... and yet they're still not finished with the term.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 University Life issue Empty Re: Sims 3 University Life issue

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Feb 2015, 21:11

jiae wrote:I currently have my sim in university and I have them pursuing the Business major and only enrolled for ONE term . I don know how the terms work and how long they are, but I noticed that my sim has been in University for a long time now and it seems like they'll never be finished. It seems like every time they complete a final exam, it just restarts all over again. My sim has taken at least 5 or 6 exams already... and yet they're still not finished with the term.

Hello again,

A "term" is a sim week long (from Monday until Friday). Exams are on Friday. And you will get your final grade - if I recall correctly, past midnight on the last day of the term.

Note that you might want to memorize the day (of the sim week !!!) on which you actually enrolled. If you enrolled on a Wednesday for example, the term will end a week (or two) later. If you enrolled on a Saturday or Sunday however, the term will end on the following Monday, two weeks later.

As for your glitch, it's highly annoying, but if your progress bar disappears (happens usually on Fridays), try using the cheat resetsim (first name) (last name). At first you need to press CTRL + SHIFT + C. In the cheat console that shows up at top, type testingcheatsenabled true and hit enter. Open the cheat console again, and now type this "resetsim" cheat I mentioned before.

With this method, the progress bar will often reappear, but you might notice that the green progress might have gone down a bit, so you might want to learn a bit with the sim, if you want a good grade.

Another method that is even better (progress bar usually doesn't go down with that), is to use NRAAS Master Controller. 
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

With that mod, click on a sims, then go to NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Sim -> Advanced and there look for Reset sim, and choose the option.

Good luck !

P.S. what about your other thread here, about the houseboat issue ? Is that resolved now ? Please make sure (if you can) to leave a short notice so that we know whether we can close old topics or not. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Feb 2015, 15:01

Ok thanks I will try it !
& yes the other thread can be closed that problem was solved Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:05

jiae wrote:Ok thanks I will try it !
& yes the other thread can be closed that problem was solved Smile

Take your time ! And as a personal note, I find it a shame that EA didn't bother to fix the tons of glitches in the game. If it wasn't for all these "workarounds", and the mods like NRAAS, the game would be almost unplayable, lol.

:DedicatedToLorilihim
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 09 Feb 2015, 15:27

Keep in mind that "resetsim" can potentially break your university experience. There have been reports of this and I've experienced it myself as well. 
It can happen that sims will no longer go to classes after using resetsim. The interaction will cancel itself regardless of whether it showed up automatically, or you directed the sim to class. There is no fix, so save your game before trying this.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Feb 2015, 17:43

Lady ElDi wrote:Keep in mind that "resetsim" can potentially break your university experience. There have been reports of this and I've experienced it myself as well. 
It can happen that sims will no longer go to classes after using resetsim. The interaction will cancel itself regardless of whether it showed up automatically, or you directed the sim to class. There is no fix, so save your game before trying this.

I'm sorry about that. Sad  I only had that issue with custom university subjects, downloaded from the internet. 

But hey, if you cannot go to a class, you can make the best of it and either take the book and learn on your own or learn with fellow sims ! Very Happy  At least that's what I did when it happened to me. 

//EDIT

@Lady, resetting the sim is the only way - in my knowledge - to get around the disappearing progress bar. Even if some courses get "broken" afterwards, this method is definitely the way to go, if you really want the grade. 

The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top