Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 4 - Unable to start message. HELP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 4 -  Unable to start message. HELP Empty The sims 4 - Unable to start message. HELP

Post by Guest Tue 10 Feb 2015, 15:24

Hey guys. Ive tried to find a thread with this topic, but its impossible.. So i hope you could help me with this.

Last night i downloaded and installed TS4. I installed the ultimate fix and followed the instruction, (installed without any antivirus program and my firewall was off/inactivated. When i started the game, this message pops up. 

The sims 4 -  Unable to start message. HELP The_si10

I tried to reinstall the game, but i could not remove it from my computer because there was a file or someting missing. So insted i installed the game and chose the "repair" option in the installation menu for TS4 (The_sims_4_setup.exe)

Even that did not work, so now i dont know what to do. Im hoping for your help!!!

Thank You!
//Sad girl from sweden

Last edited by crushberg on Tue 10 Feb 2015, 15:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong spelling)

Back to top Go down

The sims 4 -  Unable to start message. HELP Empty Re: The sims 4 - Unable to start message. HELP

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Feb 2015, 15:50

crushberg wrote:Hey guys. Ive tried to find a thread with this topic, but its impossible.. So i hope you could help me with this.

Last night i downloaded and installed TS4. I installed the ultimate fix and followed the instruction, (installed without any antivirus program and my firewall was off/inactivated. When i started the game, this message pops up. 

The sims 4 -  Unable to start message. HELP The_si10

I tried to reinstall the game, but i could not remove it from my computer because there was a file or someting missing. So insted i installed the game and chose the "repair" option in the installation menu for TS4 (The_sims_4_setup.exe)

Even that did not work, so now i dont know what to do. Im hoping for your help!!!

Thank You!
//Sad girl from sweden

Hello crushberg and welcome,

If you get this error with the missing file during un-install, read this short guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19027-unable-to-update-___-file-possible-fix

As for the main issue, did you ALSO make sure to turn off Windows Defender too ? See this comprehensive guide:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-2-2015

Also, please double-check if you REALLY don't have any anti-virus program. Very often, there are trial versions of "security"-software, that come pre-installed on your computer. And you might have over looked those (I just fixed a similar issue last week for another person, who also had such a pre-installed program).

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The sims 4 -  Unable to start message. HELP Empty Re: The sims 4 - Unable to start message. HELP

Post by Guest Tue 10 Feb 2015, 16:39

Thank you Carlos.

I manage to uninstall and reinstall the game. I Deleted pre-installed Norton Anti Virus that i had, and i did every step in the "Windows Defender" thread. 

This time i tried to run the game before i used the ultimate fix, but i got another pop up message saying " You have to uptade the game...and Orgin" something.

I copied the files from ultimate fix, and then i tried to run the game, but the same message pops up, there is something missing or damaged.

is there anything more to try before i give up?

thanks!!!! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Feb 2015, 20:49

Hello,

Please follow every step mentioned in the Ultimate Fix Instructions, especially the part about the Firewall...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Feb 2015, 22:23

Thanks shamrock. I did everything but it did not work, so should i uninstall again while having my firewall inactive?

I had the 3DM game before and it worked, but then it chrashed so i removed that one and installed this version. Is there maybe some remaining files from that game on my computer that makes this impossible?

I really want to play my game.........

THANK YOU ALL!! Tea 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 15:39

crushberg wrote:Thanks shamrock. I did everything but it did not work, so should i uninstall again while having my firewall inactive?

I had the 3DM game before and it worked, but then it chrashed so i removed that one and installed this version. Is there maybe some remaining files from that game on my computer that makes this impossible?

THANK YOU ALL!! Tea 3

Hi there, @crushberg, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

If you didn't remove the 3DM version completely before, then yes, it's possible that some leftover files are messing up the running of the game. To be completely sure, you should make a clean uninstall of The Sims 4. You can download a program to do that, Your Uninstaller! Pro, from this page here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Install it using the guide inside. Then, open it and look for The Sims 4 in the list. Select 'Super Mode' when it asks you. Let it finish completely (the multiple parts) and then restart your computer. You may install the version you downloaded from here then. Finally, apply the Ultimate Fix to the G4TW version.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 Feb 2015, 15:48

crushberg wrote:Thanks shamrock. I did everything but it did not work, so should i uninstall again while having my firewall inactive?

THANK YOU ALL!! Tea 3

Feel free to catch me on the forum's chatbox (at the top of the main page), when you see me online there. Usually, I'm most active there on weekends though. Then I will try and help you via TeamViewer; see also this here. The sims 4 -  Unable to start message. HELP Icon_smile It shouldn't take too long for me to see what causes the issue.

http://games4theworld.org/contact.html

SeoY wrote:

If you didn't remove the 3DM version completely before, then yes, it's possible that some leftover files are messing up the running of the game. To be completely sure, you should make a clean uninstall of The Sims 4. You can download a program to do that, Your Uninstaller! Pro, from this page here:

(...)

Not sure if that's necessary though. The old 3DM version can be removed by simply deleting the game install folder. I did it myself successfully, and on others too. It doesn't seem to have any particular registry entries, hence I'm not sure either if it will show up in "Your Un-installer". But then, I may be totally wrong too, so... 

Looking for bad joke
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 15:57

Carlos wrote:
SeoY wrote:

(...)

Not sure if that's necessary though. The old 3DM version can be removed by simply deleting the game install folder. I did it myself successfully, and on others too. It doesn't seem to have any particular registry entries, hence I'm not sure either if it will show up in "Your Un-installer". But then, I may be totally wrong too, so... 

Looking for bad joke

Well, as the 3DM version was a separate installer and not just the files copied in the game install folder, I thought that maybe it had special entries that needed to be removed. But you are right, I guess you just need to delete the particular files in that folder. Just thought that maybe it was best to make sure and remove it all. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 19:14

Thank you all for your help! I found out why my didnt start...  AND i need some help with that too Wink

When i put my old downloaded files  in "Mods" (hair,clothes etc..) the pop up comes up.. do I have to download all the files again or is it not possible to play with downloads? OR is it one specific file in the Mods folder that does not function?

Sorry if im being a pain, this is the last question, i swear Very Happy 

Thank your for your time Smile !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 Feb 2015, 19:19

crushberg wrote:Thank you all for your help! I found out why my didnt start...  AND i need some help with that too Wink

When i put my old downloaded files  in "Mods" (hair,clothes etc..) the pop up comes up.. do I have to download all the files again or is it not possible to play with downloads? OR is it one specific file in the Mods folder that does not function?

Sorry if im being a pain, this is the last question, i swear Very Happy 

Thank your for your time Smile !!!

Hello again,

You can of course play with mods and custom content, but you need to make sure that the custom content is compatible for your game version (check the sources of your downloads for any information on that !).

In your case, try putting in just one item into the Mods-folder, then start the game. If it starts, exit the game, and put in the next item. You do that so long until you found out which item causes the error you get.

This might be a pain, especially if you have lots of items, but it's the safest and best method. Good luck again ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top