Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error Message: Unable to start, Please update your game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error Message: Unable to start, Please update your game. Empty Error Message: Unable to start, Please update your game.

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:35

Help Help Help

I've been waiting for weeks for an update to the ultimate fix in the hopes that it would fix the problem I have. At this point, I don't think there will be an update any time soon, so I want to know if this problem can be fixed now?? Here is the error message that I get whenever I open the sims. I have no idea what to do 

https://i.imgur.com/SLRdf8E.png?1

Thanks!! Tea 5

Back to top Go down

Error Message: Unable to start, Please update your game. Empty Re: Error Message: Unable to start, Please update your game.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 30 Mar 2015, 03:08

geethmo wrote:Help Help Help

I've been waiting for weeks for an update to the ultimate fix in the hopes that it would fix the problem I have. At this point, I don't think there will be an update any time soon, so I want to know if this problem can be fixed now?? Here is the error message that I get whenever I open the sims. I have no idea what to do 

https://i.imgur.com/SLRdf8E.png?1

Thanks!! Tea 5

Hello and welcome to the forum,

This type of error is usually fixed by re-applying the Ultimate fix. But make sure that your anti-virus is configured correctly: not only should you add the base game install location to the "exclusions", but also the location where your internet browser downloads are saved. A rough guideline on doing this kind of stuff can be found here. Please keep in mind that depending on your programs, you might need to do additional research on your own.

After you did all of that, you should re-download and re-apply the Ultimate fix. And that normally fixes the issue.

In some cases, people said that deleting cache files or some savefiles will also fix it, but I cannot confirm that; and we will need to look into those alternative solutions yet.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Error Message: Unable to start, Please update your game. Empty Re: Error Message: Unable to start, Please update your game.

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 06:18

Okay, so I downloaded the fix again, added all the folders to the exclusion list on my anti virus. 

It asked me to update origin when I tried to run the game. Should I update it or will that mess everything up?? If I click exit origin, It gives me an error saying please make sure origin is running to play the sims 4. If I click go offline, It opens the log in screen and also opens The error message that was in the link you sent me.

//EDIT
OH WAIT NEVER MIND!!! I just logged into the login screen and closed it. now it's working!! Thank you so much for your help!! Error Message: Unable to start, Please update your game. Icon_biggrin Error Message: Unable to start, Please update your game. 3124044499

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 30 Mar 2015, 06:28

geethmo wrote:
OH WAIT NEVER MIND!!! I just logged into the login screen and closed it. now it's working!! Thank you so much for your help!! Error Message: Unable to start, Please update your game. Icon_biggrin Error Message: Unable to start, Please update your game. 3124044499

Good to hear that, but what do you mean exactly ? Do you mean the Origin window that prompts you to enter the Origin ID and password ? If so, that one MUST be closed too, before playing the game. You can also set the option, that this window doesn't come up, when you boot up windows (look in the Origin settings). 

Error Message: Unable to start, Please update your game. 42I72wS

The box saying "automatically launch Origin..." must be unticked.

I'll leave the thread open for another while, in case something goes wrong. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top