Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Factory Reset not working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Factory Reset not working.  Empty Factory Reset not working.

Post by Guest Thu 12 Feb 2015, 00:41

So, I discovered a way to factory reset your game without uninstalling it, which I need as my cache files refuse to respawn after I deleted them and mods won't work despite having the file correct. I've grown frustrated and believe I deleted a cache I wasn't supposed to by accident. In all my years of simming, I never did such a thing, but I'm pretty sure I did. 

The link I used is here:http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html

My issue is that it doesn't work. I've renamed my file several times and started the launcher and a new file just won't appear. I can't uninstall, as during a recent move I've lost a few discs and codes, so if I uninstall I'll lose my favorite expansions that I just can't play without. Is there any suggestions as to how to fix this? Any known bugs that make this way of factory resetting not work? I'm super frustrated, as I really really love this game and just want to get back to happily simming.

Back to top Go down

Factory Reset not working.  Empty Re: Factory Reset not working.

Post by Phoebe Sat 14 Mar 2015, 18:20

Hello,

Personally I don't use the factory reset. I simply delete my documents files when I encounter with a problem and if it doesn't work I delete and reinstall my game.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top