Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cant start the game unless origin is running

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cant start the game unless origin is running Empty Cant start the game unless origin is running

Post by Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 16:05

Hi!
I downloaded the fix, the latest one where you get the valentines day update, and now i cant run the game unless origin is running in the background, before i applied the latest fix it worked fine, the reason why i dont want origin to run in the background is because my outdoor retreat will go away!please help me!!

Back to top Go down

Cant start the game unless origin is running Empty Re: Cant start the game unless origin is running

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Feb 2015, 19:21

its_selina wrote:Hi!
I downloaded the fix, the latest one where you get the valentines day update, and now i cant run the game unless origin is running in the background, before i applied the latest fix it worked fine, the reason why i dont want origin to run in the background is because my outdoor retreat will go away!please help me!!

Hello selina,

Currently, lots of people are having the issue, and I'm not (yet) sure what this causes. Out of interest though...did you ever have a different version of Sims 4 installed on your computer ? Maybe a legit game ? Or this 48-hour "Game Time" demo of Sims 4 ? The old 3DM/Skidrow game ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Cant start the game unless origin is running Empty Re: Cant start the game unless origin is running

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 02:14

Carlos wrote:
its_selina wrote:Hi!

Hello selina,

Currently, lots of people are having the issue, and I'm not (yet) sure what this causes. Out of interest though...did you ever have a different version of Sims 4 installed on your computer ? Maybe a legit game ? Or this 48-hour "Game Time" demo of Sims 4 ? The old 3DM/Skidrow game ?
I too am having this same issue.
I have only ever used your guy's version of the game and it ran just fine until this latest update. It still runs with Origin on but then the new DLC doesnt load. But without Origin on I cannot launch at all. i have tried the fix many times and have also disabled my firewall.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Feb 2015, 20:17

ravegrl13 wrote:I too am having this same issue.
I have only ever used your guy's version of the game and it ran just fine until this latest update. It still runs with Origin on but then the new DLC doesnt load. But without Origin on I cannot launch at all. i have tried the fix many times and have also disabled my firewall.

//MOVED 

The OP actually posted back (in another thread) saying that she managed to get it working by completely disabling the firewall and anti-virus software. That solution is very closely related to what I described in this guide already:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-2-2015

Have you looked at it already ? Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Feb 2015, 02:23

Carlos wrote:
ravegrl13 wrote:I too am having this same issue.

//MOVED 

The OP actually posted back (in another thread) saying that she managed to get it working by completely disabling the firewall and anti-virus software. That solution is very closely related to what I described in this guide already:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-2-2015

Have you looked at it already ? Smile  
I have tried that as well, I have not only  tried adding it to the exception list but I tried disabling them completely. :< Is there anything else I can try aside from completely uninstalling as I have tried that as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Feb 2015, 20:34

Anyone got the solution? I tried everything, I even got the problem with 2 other sims 4 downloads!  No

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Feb 2015, 20:27

ravegrl13 wrote:I have tried that as well, I have not only  tried adding it to the exception list but I tried disabling them completely. :< Is there anything else I can try aside from completely uninstalling as I have tried that as well

jackfree wrote:Anyone got the solution? I tried everything, I even got the problem with 2 other sims 4 downloads!  No

Please take the situation as it is, for now at least, and as uncomfortable as it is. I can't really tell what people are doing wrong, so that this error shows up. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015, 04:11

Carlos wrote:
ravegrl13 wrote:I have tried that as well, I have not only  tried adding it to the exception list but I tried disabling them completely. :< Is there anything else I can try aside from completely uninstalling as I have tried that as well

jackfree wrote:Anyone got the solution? I tried everything, I even got the problem with 2 other sims 4 downloads!  No

Please take the situation as it is, for now at least, and as uncomfortable as it is. I can't really tell what people are doing wrong, so that this error shows up. 
Will do, luckily when I launch Origin the game still works so I can play just no DLC for now which is fine. Ill keep an eye out for an update from you guys Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top