Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin client is not running."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin client is not running." Empty "Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin client is not running."

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2016, 00:44

Hi, i'm not sure if this error has already been reported but:

1. This happened after I downloaded a few CC today but all of my CC is fine and none of them are broken (inc. the ones I downloaded today.).
2. I have reinstalled The Sims 4, followed everything correctly.
3. I have applied the latest Sims 4 Ultimate Fix.
4. I have made sure the correct files are on the exclusion list.

Please help!  Why God. Why God. Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

"Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin client is not running." Empty Re: "Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin client is not running."

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 12 Dec 2016, 00:52

TheDecentSimmer wrote:Hi, i'm not sure if this error has already been reported but:

1. This happened after I downloaded a few CC today but all of my CC is fine and none of them are broken (inc. the ones I downloaded today.).
2. I have reinstalled The Sims 4, followed everything correctly.
3. I have applied the latest Sims 4 Ultimate Fix.
4. I have made sure the correct files are on the exclusion list.

Please help!  Why God. Why God. Why God. Why God.

Hello again,

Are you really sure that you are signed out of Origin, and that ALL Origin-related windows are closed? Even the window with the prompt to enter the Origin ID and password?

Even so, it may be possible that you need to check your task manager (press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to open the task manager). Look under processes or tasks for anything that has "Origin" in its name. If you see anything, right-click on the process and choose end task/process.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 12 Dec 2016, 00:58; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin client is not running." Empty Re: "Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin client is not running."

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2016, 00:54

I am sure because I have deleted the application of Origin on my PC.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 12 Dec 2016, 00:59

OK, what about the CC you added recently, have you tried removing those again?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2016, 01:00

Yes I removed the new CC, tried the game again. No response.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 12 Dec 2016, 01:05

Try re-downloading and re-applying the No-Origin files as well, here:

Talk to my left hand (wrong link)

I remember I only had it once myself (I mean that error), but that was because I accidentally had Origin open. 

By chance, did you try editing the in-game display language too?

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 12 Dec 2016, 01:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong link removed.)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2016, 01:06

I just changed the game res as in the (ultra high - low). Anyway thanks, I'll try that tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 12 Dec 2016, 01:09

TheDecentSimmer wrote:I just changed the game res as in the (ultra high - low). Anyway thanks, I'll try that tomorrow.

Sorry, I posted the wrong link before. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I meant to post this:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23706-latest-available-no-origin-files-for-the-sims-4-version-1-20-60-1020
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2016, 02:13

I had this popup as well. What fixed it for me was right-clicking The Sims 4 application and clicking 'run as administrator'.  Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2016, 18:15

mlmills98 wrote:I had this popup as well. What fixed it for me was right-clicking The Sims 4 application and clicking 'run as administrator'.  Surprised

Do you have custom content as well, when this pop up happened?

//EDIT

MY GAME ISN'T STILL WORKING

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 15 Dec 2016, 00:48

TheDecentSimmer wrote:MY GAME ISN'T STILL WORKING

Sorry to hear that, but at that point I'm afraid I can't say much else; we would need to look into that problem again, and maybe we can find something else about it. Until then, I'm sorry we couldn't help more.

Why God.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top