Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When I'm trying to download the Sims 3 base game from the complete collection I get an error massage right before it's done.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When I'm trying to download the Sims 3 base game from the complete collection I get an error massage right before it's done. Empty When I'm trying to download the Sims 3 base game from the complete collection I get an error massage right before it's done.

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 13:37

The massage I get is this: When I'm trying to download the Sims 3 base game from the complete collection I get an error massage right before it's done. Snapsh11
I did everything exactly as told in the Installation Guide but every time I try to finish the installation the massage pops up WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Please help me I'm getting pretty frustrated.

Back to top Go down

When I'm trying to download the Sims 3 base game from the complete collection I get an error massage right before it's done. Empty Re: When I'm trying to download the Sims 3 base game from the complete collection I get an error massage right before it's done.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Feb 2015, 19:45

sim-splicity wrote:The massage I get is this: When I'm trying to download the Sims 3 base game from the complete collection I get an error massage right before it's done. Snapsh11
I did everything exactly as told in the Installation Guide but every time I try to finish the installation the massage pops up WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Please help me I'm getting pretty frustrated.

Hello sim-splicity and welcome,

I'm not entirely sure, but have you made sure to download + install all available Windows updates ? By default, they should come up automatically, and in your taskbar, just click on the symbol.

Alternatively, you could also o into the System Control Panel, and then (I think) to "System" -> "Windows updates". But I'll look it up later on, if you cannot find it.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

When I'm trying to download the Sims 3 base game from the complete collection I get an error massage right before it's done. Empty Re: When I'm trying to download the Sims 3 base game from the complete collection I get an error massage right before it's done.

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 17:38

Carlos wrote:

Hello sim-splicity and welcome,

I'm not entirely sure, but have you made sure to download + install all available Windows updates ? By default, they should come up automatically, and in your taskbar, just click on the symbol.

Alternatively, you could also o into the System Control Panel, and then (I think) to "System" -> "Windows updates". But I'll look it up later on, if you cannot find it.

Good luck !
I'll try this, thanks!

//EDIT

Nope still shows the same message. Thanks for the help though.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Feb 2015, 19:20

sim-splicity wrote:I'll try this, thanks!

//EDIT

Nope still shows the same message. Thanks for the help though.

Did you extract the contents of the .RAR download with the program "WinRAR", and into an empty folder ? After you did that, try re-starting the installation from that folder.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top