Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Complete Collection: Base Game not updateable. Cannot install expansions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection: Base Game not updateable. Cannot install expansions Empty Sims 3 Complete Collection: Base Game not updateable. Cannot install expansions

Post by Guest Sun 22 May 2016, 05:36

I recently downloaded the Sims 3 Complete Collection from G4TW as I was informed that the Base Game included would work in place of the now defunct Sims_3_Mac__Cracked file.
I expanded the .rar file using the Stuffit Expander, created a .dmg of the included Base Game and installed accordingly, applying the patch to the necessary folders, no problems. However, when I try to install any of the expansion packs from the same Complete Collection file I get the error message stating that The Sims 3 is not updateable and therefore the expansion is incompatible.

I tried updating the game via the launcher (both with the patch and without the patch applied) but the launcher states that there are no patches to download.

I would very much like to play the game with expansion packs installed, how can i make this happen... thanks.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection: Base Game not updateable. Cannot install expansions Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete Collection: Base Game not updateable. Cannot install expansions

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 22 May 2016, 10:07

Hello,

Unfortunately, most of us don't know a lot about Mac, and the one person that does has been MIA for a while Sad
Please have a look at this part of the forum, maybe your answer is there.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection: Base Game not updateable. Cannot install expansions Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete Collection: Base Game not updateable. Cannot install expansions

Post by Guest Sun 22 May 2016, 15:59

Hi Hi, no worries.

I manually installed the latest patch that seemed to solve the one problem, however, now I am receiving the dreaded "Unknown error occurred" message when I try to open the game.

This has happened to a few people as there are many posts on the matter, so I will trawl through and find the solution.

All the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 22 May 2016, 17:22

I hope you will find a working solution!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 14:26

Hello, I finally came back.
lol my mod status has gone (woops)

Hope it's not too late, and I can help.
Hm, then I guess you should download a different files then.
I recommend downloading this version on piratesbay " The Sims 3 Complete (Eng - Mac OS X)" (I downloaded this file, and I'm currently using it)
It has most expansions already installed up to Generation I believe.

If you want to install other EP please do follow my instruction below:

--I figured out how to make the sims work + updating + installing the other expansions via games4world--

1. Download this torrent
2. Download games4world Ultimate Fix (make sure it's up to date)
3. Update the sims 3 via Launcher (when it ask you to update, cancel it and then force update it)
4. Follow the instruction in the Ultimate Fix
--if having trouble--
-Go to the #Crack Folder
- Copy the two files
-Paste the 2 files in the destination folder in the instruction guide.

--Congratz! you just update your sims! It should work and you will have no problem with 'no cd" message…

How to install other expansions:
-------------------------------------
/ make sure install the expansion in order!!/

1. Follow the guide in games4world converting it into the .dmg
2. Install the expansions
3. Use the #Crack that was provided in the expansions folder that was part of the download
4. Open Launcher (Check if the expansion was successfully installed!DO NOT PLAY!!!!) if not, try to reinstall.
5. Close Launcher
6. Now use the crack in the #Crack folder in the Ultimate Fix you download from Games4world.
7. Done! Sims 3 Complete Collection: Base Game not updateable. Cannot install expansions Icon_biggrin Happy playing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top