Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error During Start up - Youtube Video didn't help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

crack-folder - Error During Start up - Youtube Video didn't help Empty Error During Start up - Youtube Video didn't help

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 20:25

Ok so I just hooked up a hard drive and did a format and all that good stuff, just for the Sims stuff!
I downloaded the Complete Collection of the Sims 3 and installed ALL the content expansions/stuff packs and followed your instructions.
I got the Error During Start Up. Please check logs for more info -- SO i checked out your video.
What happens if I currently have all the things the registry claims I have and I am STILL getting this error?

I am using Windows 7

So, what should I do and Thanks ahead of time Why.
These Links are Images of what I have. Still noob at forum posts so x.x excuse me lol!
http://gyazo.com/faa69e23f807d302c9b85bcb20083cb5
http://gyazo.com/827174a1f081c4fdbea4440d2d37d3a6
http://gyazo.com/5f3682266243e223a28c8eb7ff2e24fe

Back to top Go down

crack-folder - Error During Start up - Youtube Video didn't help Empty Re: Error During Start up - Youtube Video didn't help

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Feb 2015, 20:30

Femn821 wrote:Ok so I just hooked up a hard drive and did a format and all that good stuff, just for the Sims stuff!
I downloaded the Complete Collection of the Sims 3 and installed ALL the content expansions/stuff packs and followed your instructions.
I got the Error During Start Up. Please check logs for more info -- SO i checked out your video.
What happens if I currently have all the things the registry claims I have and I am STILL getting this error?

I am using Windows 7

So, what should I do and Thanks ahead of time Why.
These Links are Images of what I have. Still noob at forum posts so x.x excuse me lol!
http://gyazo.com/faa69e23f807d302c9b85bcb20083cb5
http://gyazo.com/827174a1f081c4fdbea4440d2d37d3a6
http://gyazo.com/5f3682266243e223a28c8eb7ff2e24fe

Hello Femn821,

After installing the base game you MUST download + apply the latest manual patch, version 1.67. This patch is the big file, included in the #crack-folder of your download. Following that, you also need to install at least ONE of the other expansions/stuffpacks.

At the end, you need to use the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll files from the #crack-folder in your Complete Collection, and copy them to your base game install location, usually C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. When prompted, choose "copy and replace" for all files.

Good luck, and feel free to post back if anything is still unclear to you and if you need more help. Smile 

P.S. also read up on this guide here, and do the steps from 2 - 5, which is basically the stuff that I mentioned above:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

crack-folder - Error During Start up - Youtube Video didn't help Empty Re: Error During Start up - Youtube Video didn't help

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 20:39

Yes, After installing the base game I ran the Update crack, Then Downloaded ALL the expansions then put the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll files the main games bin file and replaced, I opened the launcher but It gave me a pop up message....

"There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details"
I saw the Youtube Video about the windows registry, the sims 3 game launcher was having the same error so I checked mine out and nothing there needed deleted in my registry, but the error still pops up.

I got all the instructions you've posted on the forums and in the files but now I'm stuck.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Feb 2015, 20:42

Femn821 wrote:Yes, After installing the base game I ran the Update crack, Then Downloaded ALL the expansions then put the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll files the main games bin file and replaced, I opened the launcher but It gave me a pop up message....

"There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details"
I saw the Youtube Video about the windows registry, the sims 3 game launcher was having the same error so I checked mine out and nothing there needed deleted in my registry, but the error still pops up.

I got all the instructions you've posted on the forums and in the files but now I'm stuck.

Please join the chatbox now (if you can), and I'll try and help you from there. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015, 22:52

I've got the exact same problem been doing the exact same things. Did you get it to work? How? =/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Mar 2015, 00:07

Cellitha wrote:I've got the exact same problem been doing the exact same things. Did you get it to work? How? =/
Hey! I did finally get my game to work it was some silly error with me trying to put it on my hard drive that wasn't my default hard drive, So I did put it on my main hard drive and it worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Mar 2015, 14:10

Cellitha wrote:I've got the exact same problem been doing the exact same things. Did you get it to work? How? =/

Please open a NEW thread for your issue(s) Cellitha. Smile 

Femn821 wrote:Hey! I did finally get my game to work it was some silly error with me trying to put it on my hard drive that wasn't my default hard drive, So I did put it on my main hard drive and it worked.

Thanks for posting back ! Though I still don't know why you were unable to install the game on your other hard-drive. If you still want to have the install folders elsewhere, check this out:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17437-redirecting-the-username-folder-the-sims-3-to-a-different-location

Be warned though, this proedure might be difficult to do, and there is a lot you can do wrong in it. Originally, I wrote this for the folder which contains savefiles and mods. In your case though, you will need to apply the procedure to the folder "Electronic Arts" located in C:\Program files(x86)\

Please keep in mind that this is only something "optional"; in case you really want to move those folders to save space. Again, do this at your own risk. If you feel unsure about anything, feel free to post back. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top