Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 "Error during Start-up" Video Fix doesn't work [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 "Error during Start-up" Video Fix doesn't work [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 "Error during Start-up" Video Fix doesn't work [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2012, 20:14

Hello. Sims 3 "Error during Start-up" Video Fix doesn't work [SOLVED] 2830496658

I have a purchased version of the Sims 3 and then downloaded copies of Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Fast Lane Stuff and Town Life Stuff. The game used to work fine but then I had outside computer issues and was forced to reformat my computer and reinstall everything and since then the game doesn't work. I followed the installation instructions and I have both manually updated my game and applied the ultimate fix yet I am still getting the "error during start-up, please see log".

I watched the video but as I said since I had to reformat my drive and reinstall everything the issue with previous versions not being removed from the registry doesn't apply to me and as far as I can tell my registry is correct. It seems others are also having this problem so if anyone can help please do so!

CHEERS!

Last edited by lizbert_81 on Mon 14 May 2012, 23:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Solved Issue.)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 "Error during Start-up" Video Fix doesn't work [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 "Error during Start-up" Video Fix doesn't work [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 14 May 2012, 21:34

Hello,

Are you sure you watched this video and followed all the steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4650-the-sims-3-error-during-startup-video-fix-out-now ? Never assume something, but really check it. The Sims 3 can be really nasty sometimes.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 "Error during Start-up" Video Fix doesn't work [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 "Error during Start-up" Video Fix doesn't work [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2012, 23:24

Yes. That is the exact video I watched and it did not solve my issue.

HOWEVER, I downloaded FordGT90Concept's Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer from MODtheSims3 and after running the program it said the skuversion file for one of my expansions (in my case Late Night) was missing or corrupted and once I uninstalled the expansion my game worked perfectly.

I am now in the process of redownloading that expansion from Games4theworld (as my previous version was from another source) and hopefully after that I will be able to reinstall it with out issue. Though as I said my game currently works perfectly (though I am momentarily without Late Night).

I therefore suggest to all those who have this same issue and cannot fix it by deleting the extra files in the registry as suggested in your video fix that they also download the Crash Log Analyzer and see if it can help them find what files they might need to repair.

Thanks for the help though.

Sims 3 "Error during Start-up" Video Fix doesn't work [SOLVED] 294340757 **I FIXED IT!!**

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 15 May 2012, 09:33

Hello,

That's good to hear.
Don't hesitate to posty if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top