Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game error. (Video does not help.) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game error. (Video does not help.) [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start game error. (Video does not help.) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 03:17

Alright... So. My wife was playing just fine today, and then I try to play, and this happens:

Upon opening the launcher:
Error
There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details.

Upon opening the application:
Unable to start game
Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Uninstalled base game. Removed registry items via Revo. Restarted computer. Reinstalled The Sims 3. Updated w/ manual patch to 1.39. Copied/Pasted Ultimate Fix files from Base Game folder to Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\.

Still same issues. I have not uninstalled anything else, so the video provided by G4TW does not help.

I have tried uninstalling Origin, but when I opened the uninstaller, it mentioned there was an instance of it running already, then closed. Now it cannot be found anywhere. Ran CCleaner and fixed registry issues (none of which were related to TS3 or Origin), and restarted.

//EDIT

I am thinking this is what happened:
I have TS3 installed on an
external drive. I am pretty sure that drive letter got changed after the
install, somehow. Why do I think that? In Chrome, I had downloads go to
the Downloads folder on the same drive that TS3 is installed. So,
Chrome is pointing to I:\Downloads. However, there is no drive I:. This
issue started at the same time.

Sounds like I need to do a fresh install. However, how can I make sure this does not happen again?

EDIT: Instead of getting the Launcher with the error, I now simply get a system window that states, Unable to start game. Please reinstall base game.

So, I will have to do that when we get back from our trip this weekend.

Admin edit: Please "Edit" your post, instead of double-posting. Thank you.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game error. (Video does not help.) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game error. (Video does not help.) [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Thu 25 Oct 2012, 06:21

Do you have enough room on a internal drive for Game Files? Looking like almost 25 GB of files though.

I normally always have my external as J, quick google for static drives, quick skim, a personal check to see if I manage to do it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/96298/assign-a-static-drive-letter-to-a-usb-drive-in-windows-7/

I recommend start off by search for diskmgmt.msc and run as admin instead of the computer management, (get to the same place, just loads quicker.) Then right-click on the external hdd, and click on "Change Drive Letter and Paths..."

Hope it helps.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game error. (Video does not help.) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game error. (Video does not help.) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 03:07

I am now uninstalling the base game, and will be reinstalling after Revo runs and I restart.

I assigned drive letter I: to the drive the same way you just described, because that was the original drive letter.

EDIT: Just reinstalled the base game. Applied crack from 'base game' folder in Ultimate Fix folder. Launcher will not open. Applied crack from '# Crack' folder. Still will not open. Attempting to install manual patch.

EDIT2: Updated to 1.39.3.018017. Not installing update for 1.42.130.019017.

EDIT3: Getting 'insert Showtime disc' errors. I applied the cracks...

EDIT4: Will not play game from launcher due to above error. Launched via Supernatural exe. Gave me option of quitting or continuing due to game modifications not matching version. Loaded. Loading bar got to end, cursor still spinning, but nothing ever happened.

EDIT5: Reinstalled and applied cracks for Supernatural. Creating my character now.

EDIT6: Cannot choose Lifetime Wish. "/

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 30 Oct 2012, 11:45

uRabbit wrote:

EDIT6: Cannot choose Lifetime Wish. "/

Hello,

That's usually caused by a mod conflict. It's either a mod that's incompatible with your game version, or 2 mods that don't play well together.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 15:11

Yes, I Googled and found that out. Pretty strange, considering this is a fresh install. Haha.

To solve the issue, I deleted the following items in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder:
CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 30 Oct 2012, 21:57

Hello,

Glad to hear it's solved now!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need any more assistance! Unable to start game error. (Video does not help.) [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top