Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 - .package files won't work.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 - .package files won't work. Empty Sims 4 - .package files won't work.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015, 14:39

Hello Smile 

I've downloaded The Sims 4 today and somehow, I can't seem to get my CC to work. 

My CC goes into the Mod folder, as it should recording to TSR, but once I try to start the Game a window appears with this message:

Unable to start: 
Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please try re-installing the game. 
[85262c58:29f00e76:000000000:000000000]

So then, I took the .package files out again and the game works as usual. 

Does anyone know how to fix it? The Ultimate Fix didn't solve the problem either WhatDidUJustCallMe? nor did multiple tries in re-installing.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 - .package files won't work. Empty Re: Sims 4 - .package files won't work.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 09:44

Maybe it's just damaged CC, perhaps not made for the same level of update.

The quickest method to find CC that's causing trouble is by splitting your downloads in half. Take the half out, see if your game works. If it does work, then the problem is somewhere in the second half of your CC. Just keep splitting and testing.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 - .package files won't work. Empty Re: Sims 4 - .package files won't work.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 15:05

urmom wrote:Maybe it's just damaged CC, perhaps not made for the same level of update.

The quickest method to find CC that's causing trouble is by splitting your downloads in half. Take the half out, see if your game works. If it does work, then the problem is somewhere in the second half of your CC. Just keep splitting and testing.

That's the thing though, none of the Hair or Clothes I've downloaded (4 items all from TSR) don't work. I've tried installing a Mod and that worked. I even bought the game yesterday, hoping with the official version it'd work but it didn't. No one else seems to have this problem. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Feb 2015, 18:05

nesssyxo wrote:

That's the thing though, none of the Hair or Clothes I've downloaded (4 items all from TSR) don't work. I've tried installing a Mod and that worked. I even bought the game yesterday, hoping with the official version it'd work but it didn't. No one else seems to have this problem. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Try this: go to Documents/Electronic Arts and temporarily rename the folder "The Sims 4" there, into anything else. Then re-start the game, and exit after you get to the main menu. 

Go back to the location. You will see a new folder has been created, that is named "The Sims 4". Put your downloaded .package files into that NEW folder, and then start the game again. See if the stuff shows up this time. Good luck !

P.S. yes, some users actually DID have the issue. And we found that this is usually due to incompatible .package files.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top