Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate fix help: Required game data missing? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ultimate fix help: Required game data missing? [SOLVED] Empty Ultimate fix help: Required game data missing? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Feb 2015, 02:19

Hi there, I am having a bit of a problem with the latest ultimate fix. The last ultimate fix I had up until this point was the pools one, I went to upgrade. I...

- Disabled virus/any protection software (I only have Windows Firewall...)
- Extracted with WinRar
- Copied files to (C:\Program Files\etc). 

But when I tried to play the game, I get the warning "Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game." 

Then, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Sims 4 through G4TW site which worked fine. It was only when copying files for the new ultimate fix that I had an error. When I copy back the initial files, it starts working again. 

Anyone know what might be going on? Really would love to play w/ the new careers and world >:

EDIT After several hours, I've finally figured it out. Instead of copying the new folders directly over and replacing the old ones, I would copy the old files to the desktop and then copy the new files over as "just in case". Apparently, the files needed to replace the old ones directly. Hopefully this might be able to help anyone who was having the same problem as me  Haters gonna hate

Back to top Go down

Ultimate fix help: Required game data missing? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ultimate fix help: Required game data missing? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Feb 2015, 18:58

Hi there, @shapoopie! Smile

Thanks for letting us know how you fixed the issue! Very Happy
It will most certainly help us in the future.

Problem solved, topic closed. If you ever need anything else, don't doubt to come back. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top