Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embarrassingly stupid question about Sims 3 expansion installation with Origin base game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Embarrassingly stupid question about Sims 3 expansion installation with Origin base game Empty Embarrassingly stupid question about Sims 3 expansion installation with Origin base game

Post by Guest Wed 25 Feb 2015, 20:15

Hi! I have the Sims 3 base game installed from Origin, and I have downloaded all of the expansion packs as torrents from games4theworld. I'm trying to follow these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Before I start installing them all, I want to check I'm doing the right thing. To install the expansion packs, do I just click on the setup file and install by following the normal instructions? Do I need to do anything fancy (I've seen stuff about mounting to discs, using custom install, etc. on other websites)? Or does the ultimate fix take care of all that?

I'm just confused because point number 3 in the link above doesn't explicitly say whether I should install the expansion packs the normal way through setup or if I should do it the same way the base game is installed in the youtube video in step 1.

I hope my question makes sense! Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :$:

Back to top Go down

Embarrassingly stupid question about Sims 3 expansion installation with Origin base game Empty Re: Embarrassingly stupid question about Sims 3 expansion installation with Origin base game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Feb 2015, 20:27

aoife22 wrote:Hi! I have the Sims 3 base game installed from Origin, and I have downloaded all of the expansion packs as torrents from games4theworld. I'm trying to follow these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Before I start installing them all, I want to check I'm doing the right thing. To install the expansion packs, do I just click on the setup file and install by following the normal instructions? Do I need to do anything fancy (I've seen stuff about mounting to discs, using custom install, etc. on other websites)? Or does the ultimate fix take care of all that?

I'm just confused because point number 3 in the link above doesn't explicitly say whether I should install the expansion packs the normal way through setup or if I should do it the same way the base game is installed in the youtube video in step 1.

I hope my question makes sense! Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :$:

Hello and welcome aoife22,

If you got your expansions from games4TheWorld they will be in a .RAR file (unless you got the "Ultimate Collection"). The only "fancy" thing you need to do is to open the .RAR file with WinRAR, and extract ALL items from the .RAR of one expansion into an empty folder. Then go to the folder and use the setup.exe to start installing. 

Note that if you want to install another expansion after that, you need to make again a NEW folder, extract the .RAR contents there and so on.

And again, if you actually downloaded the "Ultimate Collection", you will already have folders for each expansion, so you only need to extract the "main directory" of the .RAR there, and nothing else. 

Does that answer your questions ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Embarrassingly stupid question about Sims 3 expansion installation with Origin base game Empty Re: Embarrassingly stupid question about Sims 3 expansion installation with Origin base game

Post by Guest Wed 25 Feb 2015, 20:31

Thanks so much Carlos! That answers my question perfectly Smile You have made my day!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Feb 2015, 20:34

aoife22 wrote:Thanks so much Carlos! That answers my question perfectly Smile You have made my day!

No problem. Smile  Keep us posted about any other things that may come up during your install; I'll leave the topic open. Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top