Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Points.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Points. Empty Re: Points.

Post by Guest Mon 02 Mar 2015, 14:09

why does someone with 2 posts have 495 points??

Back to top Go down

Points. Empty Points.

Post by Guest Mon 02 Mar 2015, 21:42

I know that someone is me and the answer I have to your question is: I have no idea. I suggest you PM Admin or the moders to figure it out if it bothers you.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 Mar 2015, 23:23

sylvantos wrote:why does someone with 2 posts have 495 points??

Jo M.C. wrote:I know that someone is me and the answer I have to your question is: I have no idea. I suggest you PM Admin or the moders to figure it out if it bothers you.

Hello all,

Since this was originally posted in the thread about the "Ultimate fix" for Sims 4, I allowed myself to split these posts and move them to the "Off-topic" section.

Concerning the topic: these points basically depend on a number of factors, for a start, how long you have been a registered member on here. Jo M.C. has more points than you, sylvantos, because she has been a registered member for a longer period than you. Wink  If I'm not mistaken, you get +1 point every day, after you registered on here, but maybe the Admin or Lady ElDi can elaborate more on this.

The points count also depends on the number of "friends" you have on this forum, how many threads you opened, how many posts you wrote and how many "thanks" + positive votes you received so far.

Sylvantos, I'll give you the benefit of doubt now and say that your intentions behind your initial question were not negative, but still there's no need to feel "jealous" or anything. I have now explained to you what's behind those points, and that should do. As for me, for instance, I think I actually have the third-highest points count on this forum (only Admin and Lady ElDi have more), but I don't feel too proud of it (lol). At least that's not something I would go around and boast with.

Also note that in other fora software (XenForo, vBulletin, etc.), there might be other forms of "reputation"-systems, so this thing with the points in phpBB's forum are NOT something "universal".

Slightly off-topic, but since I saw you doing it on occasion sylvantos: if you have any specific comments or questions about the "Fixes"-threads, you should open a new topic, please. There is a reason why in the opening posts of all "Fixes"-topics, there is always a warning in bold red color, at the end of the posts. Wink  Comments and questions are not allowed in these threads, only "thank you-posts". Keep in mind that we will usually delete questions or problems posted in "Fixes"-threads without any previous warning. In some cases (like this one here), I allow myself to split the posts and move them elsewhere. But this is only a rare exception.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2015, 14:14

haha no it does not bother me honestly, i was just curious Very Happy
upps sorry for the wrong threads again, do not mean to do it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2015, 15:09

Thanks for explaining the points stuff Smile I honestly didn't know how it worked (I didn't care  much about it, truth be said Razz lol ). I'm sorry to have posted in the wrong thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 03 Mar 2015, 21:39

Jo M.C. wrote:Thanks for explaining the points stuff Smile I honestly didn't know how it worked (I didn't care  much about it, truth be said Razz lol ). I'm sorry to have posted in the wrong thread.

No problem. Wink  When I started out here, I was also curious about these points; but it was mere curiosity and nothing more. These "points" really don't say anything at all.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Mar 2015, 23:13

Carlos wrote:
Jo M.C. wrote:Thanks for explaining the points stuff Smile I honestly didn't know how it worked (I didn't care  much about it, truth be said Razz lol ). I'm sorry to have posted in the wrong thread.

No problem. Wink  When I started out here, I was also curious about these points; but it was mere curiosity and nothing more. These "points" really don't say anything at all.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more with you!  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 05 Mar 2015, 22:30

Hi there,

Indeed, that's most likely caused by the "+1 each day".
You also get extra points for posting in specific Forum sections, and especially when you get an upvote in those specific sections.
But I'm not going to give away which sections I'm talking about, of course. Haters gonna hate
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male