Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation Drive Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installation Drive Issue Empty Installation Drive Issue

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 21:55

Every time I have tried to install the game i select one of my hdd's I:\
because c:\ is an ssd with very little available space and nothing that can be deleted from it
everytime i select a folder within I:\ to install the game to, the installer tells me i need 8gb's of space on C:\
my torrent downloads, extracted game files and my Windows Temp and TMP folder are all within the I:\ drive
why then is the game still trying to install the entire 8gb's to my C:\ drive

Back to top Go down

Installation Drive Issue Empty Re: Installation Drive Issue

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Mar 2015, 23:13

Ljoes wrote:Every time I have tried to install the game i select one of my hdd's I:\
because c:\ is an ssd with very little available space and nothing that can be deleted from it
everytime i select a folder within I:\ to install the game to, the installer tells me i need 8gb's of space on C:\
my torrent downloads, extracted game files and my Windows Temp and TMP folder are all within the I:\ drive
why then is the game still trying to install the entire 8gb's to my C:\ drive

//MOVED

Hello Ljoes and welcome to the forum,

This is unfortunately a "problem" with our release, and we might fix that sometime in the future. For now, please try installing the game on the C: drive. After that, you can theoretically just move the game install folder to another place, and edit a few registry entries.

Press the Windows key + R, type in regedit and hit enter. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis - > The Sims 4 if you have a 32-bit Windows OS.

If you have a 64-bit Windows system, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Maxis -> The Sims 4. Now look here:

Installation Drive Issue Screen15

Those two registry entries I marked with arrows, are the ones that you must focus on now. You must change the locations there, so that it matches the location where you moved the game folder to; in your case, the I: drive. Make sure that the location in the registry matches EXACTLY the folder structure of the new location.

See if you cna do that on your own. Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top