Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not sure what to do. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not sure what to do. [SOLVED] Empty Not sure what to do. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 15:10

Hello, Im new here and looking for some help installing The Sims 3 Complete Collection. I have read the How to Install The Sims 3 Correctly and watched the video but still can't get it working.
I have downloaded Daemon Tools Lite as per instruction. 
I downloaded The Sims 3 Complete Collection using UTorrent.
The problem I have is there is no The_Sims_3_Disc_1 or The_Sims_3_StartDisc folders anywhere on my computer, so I can't follow the installation process. 
Help

Back to top Go down

Not sure what to do. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Not sure what to do. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Mar 2015, 19:58

Crymson Rayne wrote:Hello, Im new here and looking for some help installing The Sims 3 Complete Collection. I have read the How to Install The Sims 3 Correctly and watched the video but still can't get it working.
I have downloaded Daemon Tools Lite as per instruction. 
I downloaded The Sims 3 Complete Collection using UTorrent.
The problem I have is there is no The_Sims_3_Disc_1 or The_Sims_3_StartDisc folders anywhere on my computer, so I can't follow the installation process. 
Help

Hello and welcome to our forum,

There is no .ISO file in the "Complete Collection" anymore, so you don't need to mount anything. Smile  All you need to do is to use the program WinRAR to extract ALL contents of the .RAR file (of the Complete Collection), into an empty folder. Note that this extraction process might take a little while, because the .RAR file is big.

But after you managed that, simply go to the folder where you extracted the stuff to, then go to the sub-folder "The Sims 3", and just run (= double-click) on the setup.exe, and follow the instructions on-screen. If you need a serial number, look in the included "Installation guide.txt". Good luck and keep us posted ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Mar 2015, 11:32

Thank you Surprised  I now have the main game installed. I have opened it to make sure it is working but it is saying... You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of the sims 3.
Is there anything else I have to do or can I just go ahead and install the expansions?
Also is there a specific order in which I need to install the expansions or is it ok to just go down the list?

Edit
I just read someone else had the same problem with the non-final message and the reply stated it was still fine to play the game. However it is asking me to confirm the code but wont accept the code I used. What should I do?

Last edited by Crymson Rayne on Sun 08 Mar 2015, 12:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Solved part of the problem)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Mar 2015, 23:19

Crymson Rayne wrote:Thank you Surprised  I now have the main game installed. I have opened it to make sure it is working but it is saying... You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of the sims 3.
Is there anything else I have to do or can I just go ahead and install the expansions?
Also is there a specific order in which I need to install the expansions or is it ok to just go down the list?

Edit
I just read someone else had the same problem with the non-final message and the reply stated it was still fine to play the game. However it is asking me to confirm the code but wont accept the code I used. What should I do?

Do the steps from #2 to #5 here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

You MUST apply the latest manual patch (step 2) at first. And then you install at least one of the expansions. You may even install all of tehm if your computer is strong enough and if you have enough filespace. Smile  

At the end, you apply the "Ultimate fix". The guide should be straightforward; good luck for now ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Mar 2015, 11:06

All sorted now. Thank you for your help.  Very Happy

//EDIT by SvenT: Problem Solved, Topic Closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top