Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I installed the Sims 3 and used your fix, now the game won't open at all.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I installed the Sims 3 and used your fix, now the game won't open at all.  Empty I installed the Sims 3 and used your fix, now the game won't open at all.

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2011, 17:58

I installed a very early cracked version of the game, which worked fine. Then I wanted to install custom content, but it wasn't compatible with the version and I had to update the game.
After updating, the game had a validation failure, so I've looked up the issue and found your ultimate fix. I followed all the steps using town life stuff, but now the patch just doesn't launch the game Sad

I checked your "how to install correctly" guide, but I don't see how what I did was wrong. Is there something I missed?

Back to top Go down

I installed the Sims 3 and used your fix, now the game won't open at all.  Empty Re: I installed the Sims 3 and used your fix, now the game won't open at all.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 02 Sep 2011, 18:25

Hello,
I recommend you try our handy instruction video, maybe you can see what you missed. If you're still unsure, drop us a line here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

I installed the Sims 3 and used your fix, now the game won't open at all.  Empty Re: I installed the Sims 3 and used your fix, now the game won't open at all.

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2011, 18:43

I did all of that with a couple of changes:

* I updated the game before I even knew of this fix (it was pre-installed, but it worked excellently till it updated itself)

* I did not finish downloading Generations, so I only installed Town Life Stuff

* I followed step 15 because the guide says it's for everyone, and copied both the Generations and Town Life Stuff cracks, though I did not install Generations.

Would re-installing the same game (ver. 1.2.7 or something like that) and doing it again by the vid fix it, or do I actually have to download files again? I have a terribly slow connection, so would appreciate a solution without downloads...

and thanks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 02 Sep 2011, 20:27

Hello,
You don't have to re download or even reinstall the game, I think applying the fix again should do the trick.
Town Life stuff should be enough for the fix to work, just follow all the steps that apply to you. Don't copy the Generations file (step 10) if you don't have it installed though.
The final file, the crack, works with either Generations or Town Life stuff.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2011, 20:50

I tried and it still didn't work Sad

I saw somewhere in this forum that we're not supposed to use the cracks that we downloaded with the games if they were torrents, and since my game was downloaded and cracked a while ago, I tried re-installing it so it would reset.
After uninstalling, I installed the basic game without cracking, and put the fix's crack in the respective folder. Then I installed the town life and put the fix's crack in as well, and let the patch update.
Now each time I try this, the update reaches nearly the end, but then an error appears: "Update error: invalid file found"

what to do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 02 Sep 2011, 21:04

Crystal_Snowflakes wrote:I tried and it still didn't work Sad

I saw somewhere in this forum that we're not supposed to use the cracks that we downloaded with the games if they were torrents, and since my game was downloaded and cracked a while ago, I tried re-installing it so it would reset.
After uninstalling, I installed the basic game without cracking, and put the fix's crack in the respective folder. Then I installed the town life and put the fix's crack in as well, and let the patch update.
Now each time I try this, the update reaches nearly the end, but then an error appears: "Update error: invalid file found"

what to do?
Hello,

First of all, there is NO NEED to reinstall everything, since the Fix will fix the crack problem for you.
Now, please use this to fix your problem: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v124-fix
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2011, 22:48

Thank you, it worked!!!! Very Happy

EDIT: I forgot to ask... I've downloaded a cracked version of the hidden springs, and I wanted to install it as well. will this have any effect on the fix or vise verse?

One thing though, when I first opened the patch there was some sort of
an error notification, something about memory... I didn't take a
screenie though, but it also didn't appear again, so I guess it doesn't
matter.

I also get this error message when I open the patch now - but I don't assume this has anything to do with your fix?

I installed the Sims 3 and used your fix, now the game won't open at all.  Untitled

Anyways, THANKS A BUNCH!!!! <333

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 02 Sep 2011, 23:31

Crystal_Snowflakes wrote:Thank you, it worked!!!! Very Happy

EDIT: I forgot to ask... I've downloaded a cracked version of the hidden springs, and I wanted to install it as well. will this have any effect on the fix or vise verse?

One thing though, when I first opened the patch there was some sort of
an error notification, something about memory... I didn't take a
screenie though, but it also didn't appear again, so I guess it doesn't
matter.

I also get this error message when I open the patch now - but I don't assume this has anything to do with your fix?

I installed the Sims 3 and used your fix, now the game won't open at all.  Untitled

Anyways, THANKS A BUNCH!!!! <333
Hello,

No this error you get has something to do with the page shown on your launcher. (Which seems to open via IE on the background) Anyhow, if the game works, there's nothing to worry about.
Actually, the Hidden Springs file itself isn't cracked, it's the original one. You can safely install it. If you wish to install the ®️ Games4theworld version, it can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8uy4gu2y8jqt
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2011, 23:39

thanks once more! Smile

About the IE, I just find it awkward that it appears, since I don't even use that browser I is confused I'm very much happy with my trusty Firefox. That's why I thought it was from the launcher...

I have a few more questions, sadly...

when I first opened the patch, I said there was some sort of an error notification.
It didn't pop back on the first time, but re-appeared after I closed the patch a few times later (after I installed some custom content).

I installed the Sims 3 and used your fix, now the game won't open at all.  Untitledk

Also, the store items which before the fix appeared alone in the download window of the patch after being placed in the correct folder - don't appear there anymore.
I can install them by double clicking them, but I have so many and it takes a while for each item to install... it's just so frustrating to click each item separately now (and I'll admit, a bit hard to remember which ones I clicked and which ones I didn't X_X).

Is there a way to fix this? and does it have anything to do with the error I've mentioned?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 02 Sep 2011, 23:45

Crystal_Snowflakes wrote:thanks once more! Smile

About the IE, I just find it awkward that it appears, since I don't even use that browser I is confused I'm very much happy with my trusty Firefox. That's why I thought it was from the launcher...

I have a few more questions, sadly...

when I first opened the patch, I said there was some sort of an error notification.
It didn't pop back on the first time, but re-appeared after I closed the patch a few times later (after I installed some custom content).

I installed the Sims 3 and used your fix, now the game won't open at all.  Untitledk

Also, the store items which before the fix appeared alone in the download window of the patch after being placed in the correct folder - don't appear there anymore.
I can install them by double clicking them, but I have so many and it takes a while for each item to install... it's just so frustrating to click each item separately now (and I'll admit, a bit hard to remember which ones I clicked and which ones I didn't X_X).

Is there a way to fix this? and does it have anything to do with the error I've mentioned?
Hello,

The launcher might use IE, but that doesn't mean that it's actually opened. It can be opened in the background.
Anyhow, yes, just copy all the .SIMS3PACK files to: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads
Now open your launcher and navigate to the "Downloads" -tab. Select them all, and then click "Install". Easy as pie! Hammertime
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top