Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Supernatural Help needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Supernatural Help needed Empty Sims 3 Supernatural Help needed

Post by Guest Fri 27 Mar 2015, 11:43

HI everyone, I'm having some trouble here getting Supernatural to work. I have read the installation guide THOROUGHLY and downloaded the ultimate fix and patch, followed all the instructions, but when I go to play either the base game, or supernatural, I get the following error: "unable to start game. service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). " I just can't seem to figure out what in the world is going on with this. am I missing a file or something? I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this to work. if anyone, anyone at all could tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong, or give me any kind of help at all, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance! Help

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Supernatural Help needed Empty Re: Sims 3 Supernatural Help needed

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Mar 2015, 03:12

darthlink9 wrote:HI everyone, I'm having some trouble here getting Supernatural to work. I have read the installation guide THOROUGHLY and downloaded the ultimate fix and patch, followed all the instructions, but when I go to play either the base game, or supernatural, I get the following error: "unable to start game. service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). " I just can't seem to figure out what in the world is going on with this. am I missing a file or something? I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this to work. if anyone, anyone at all could tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong, or give me any kind of help at all, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance! Help

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You probably did not apply something correctly. Please see this here and repeat the steps #2, #4 and #5:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please do it thoroughly. Smile  I'm not sure what you did, but if you really do everything correctly, then the error shouldn't happen. Also, see this video here please and check the solution:

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 04:26

Sorry, I followed the instructions perfectly, but it still didn't work. I get the same error message every time. if I try through the launcher, I get "Error during startup, Please check the log for details. Why God. Why.

forgot to mention,my base game is at 1.0.6, so I have to update to install any expansions, so I've been updating first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 08 Apr 2015, 05:16

darthlink9 wrote:Sorry, I followed the instructions perfectly, but it still didn't work. I get the same error message every time. if I try through the launcher, I get "Error during startup, Please check the log for details. Why God. Why.

forgot to mention,my base game is at 1.0.6, so I have to update to install any expansions, so I've been updating first.
Hi! Besides what Carlos said, you can watch the video below... Please let us know if it helps or if you need further assistance, if you follow everything slowly and carefully, you can have the game with all expansions you want (you NEED at least one expansion after Generations for the fix to work) working properly.

BEFORE doing what I say in the video below, you should UNINSTALL THE GAME AND ALL EXPANSIONS, THEN FOLLOW THE STEPS FROM CARLOS'S VIDEO.

Then you restart the computer and start everything as instructed below. Ah! Please, if you can, download the Games 4 the World version, I would recommend the Ultimate Collection mentioned in the video below, since it has almost everything you need. You will also have links to a few other things you should also download from Games 4 the World, it's very good stuff, all working perfectly and nicely.

I know there are older versions of Sims 3 (and a few expansions) installers that have a CRC check error during install, probably because of some faulty file. I used to have issues with Showtime, Late Night and Supernatural (those are the ones I remember), meaning some functionality of the game would make it crash.

ALSO, remember to RENAME "THE SIMS 3" folder inside of your "Documents/Electronic Arts" folder, so the game creates a new clean one when you run it again.

Anyway, if you pay attention to Carlos's video, it's meant for people who got the very exact error message you did.

Happy simming!!

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4