Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DLC Content won't show up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DLC Content won't show up. Empty DLC Content won't show up.

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 18:29

Now I am pretty close to bursting into tears.
I have done everything exactly as you guys said to do, and nothing is showing up.
I just installed Get To Work, and when I went to play the only change I saw was the way the worlds show up.
I got super excited because I thought it was working, but then it occurred to me that there should be three worlds, so the content isn't showing up.
I applied the fix, and the same thing is happening.
For some reason, I need Origin to play. My base game is from G4TW, and so is the fix. Everything is from G4TW so I do not understand why this is happening. Can someone help me, please? Not even Out Door Retreat shows up.
Why. Why God. Why. Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

DLC Content won't show up. Empty Re: DLC Content won't show up.

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 18:34

I'm having the same problem, I just gave up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 18:39

I just created the same topic on accident. I have the exact same problem. PLEASE HELP

//EDIT

I just took all the folders as they are and put them into sims 4 folder....and it works now. Try and really just take all the folders and place them into sims 4 dunno what happend but it works now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 19:06

Thats what I did in the beginning, as thats what you are supposed to do. Ill try rebooting my laptop etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 19:16

Hey, Noralee.
What do you mean exactly? 
Everything as in? The fix? The base game? I am unsure of what you mean. Your help would mean the world to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 19:42

charaebelle wrote:Hey, Noralee.
What do you mean exactly? 
Everything as in? The fix? The base game? I am unsure of what you mean. Your help would mean the world to me.

Hi there, @charaebelle! Smile

I think what he meant is that he copied all of the folders included in Get to Work to the location specified again. What you need to do is take the RAR file that you got from Get to Work. Extract all of the folders included (make sure to use WinRAR!) and copy those to the location where you have The Sims 4 installed. By default it should be Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Also be sure to select 'Copy and Replace' when you are prompted.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 19:50

Hey, SeoY.
That's what I did. That's what I've always been doing. My friend got her game from here, and it never prompted her for Origin. So I don't know why it's doing that to me.  :'(
I have uninstalled it, and re installed it countless times. It's driving me crazy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 19:59

I opened the rar folder and just copied all the folders inside into my Sims4 folder. and now it works fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 20:06

That's what I've been doing. Sigh. This always happens to me.
Sad
Thanks. I don't know what else could be the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 20:29

maybe try and reinstall the whole game, and then cope it fresh in. maybe it works

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 20:31

For me it did not work Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 20:32

I did that almost three times for the day.
I hope I get it to work. Not even out door retreat works for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 20:38

charaebelle wrote:I did that almost three times for the day.

Hi again! Smile

None of the DLC is appearing in your game because you are playing with Origin open. Now, if you can't start the game with Origin closed, then that's the problem we need to solve.

Did you make sure to configure your antivirus correctly? It's possible that it's messing up with the crack, causing this problem. This topic should show you how to configure everything as it needs to be:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

Please, read it very carefully and let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 21:27

I have done that before when I tried to get outdoor retreat. I'll try it again now but I'll probably be back here because I'm just setting myself up for disappointment Sad

//EDIT

DLC Content won't show up. 2s60ynt
I am now getting this error, but I have no idea what it means.
Sad

//EDIT

Now, all that happens is the game loads, and before the EA icon or Maxis can show up, it just quits. No error message or anything.
DLC Content won't show up. Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Apr 2015, 07:41

charaebelle wrote:I have done that before when I tried to get outdoor retreat. I'll try it again now but I'll probably be back here because I'm just setting myself up for disappointment Sad

//EDIT

DLC Content won't show up. 2s60ynt
I am now getting this error, but I have no idea what it means.
Sad

//EDIT

Now, all that happens is the game loads, and before the EA icon or Maxis can show up, it just quits. No error message or anything.
DLC Content won't show up. Icon_sad

You see, the guide that SeoY linked to, here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

It's not a guide that "takes your hand" and literally shows you step-by-step what to do. People will need to understand the guide and APPLY it to their own system. And yes, very often it will mean that people will need to do some additional research on their own.

There really isn't much else I can tell you right now. Take some rest for now, and when you feel better, try reading the guide again. And if you still cannot manage to do it, check the chatbox (top of the forum's main page) at random times, and when you see me there. I will then attempt to help you via TeamViewer. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2015, 00:56

SeoY wrote:
charaebelle wrote:I did that almost three times for the day.

Hi again! Smile

None of the DLC is appearing in your game because you are playing with Origin open. Now, if you can't start the game with Origin closed, then that's the problem we need to solve.

Did you make sure to configure your antivirus correctly? It's possible that it's messing up with the crack, causing this problem. This topic should show you how to configure everything as it needs to be:

Please, read it very carefully and let us know how it goes. Good luck!
Very Happy

Hello, My sims 4 won't start unless I have origin running in the background. I really want to play Get to Work and the sound of it, the DLC will appear if origin is completely closed. But I get "d33382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000" error. And I don't what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2015, 19:56

I have done that fix so many times I am getting so frustrated. I have done everything in that post. Everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 02:40

exact same problem ..... im watching this tread like a hawk hoping someone figures it out what if i uninstall orgins will that work... or is the anti virus program im using AVG any ideas.... (finger crossed)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Apr 2015, 16:05

charaebelle wrote:I have done that fix so many times I am getting so frustrated. I have done everything in that post. Everything.

Sorry to hear about this,

From my experience, the fix that I linked to (about the anti-virus and firewall stuff) works for most people, me including. In cases it doesn't work, it is very often the case that people have not properly un-installed previous anti-virus software. For example: people have AVG, but then read my guide and decide they want to install "avast" too. They then blindly un-install AVG, and mess up. 

Also, they very often have "hidden" security software or third-party firewall programs, which make things even more complicated.

In the end, I think a large part about succeeding in this depends on how you "do" on your computer: if you tend to have a chaotic setup (many different anti-virus programs for example) on your computer, or if you don't have any idea what is even installed on your machine, then you will most likely have difficulties.

At that point, I can't really tell you what else to do. As a VERY radical solution, you could format your computer and re-install Windows, and basically "start fresh". And THEN, please, you must show more "discipline" with regard to installing or un-installing stuff. Me for example, I ALWAYS had only one "real" anti-virus program, and that was avast.  

That's really all I can say. I'm sorry if it upsets you, but it's true. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top