Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about authentic Sims 4, with a G4TW expansion? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about authentic Sims 4, with a G4TW expansion? [SOLVED] Empty Question about authentic Sims 4, with a G4TW expansion? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 00:40

I pre-ordered the sims 4 so I have an authentic copy. I wanted to know if I need to use the ultimate fix, because I'd like to download the GTW expansion. I heard some people saying you can mix the two, but you can't be online like on origin? I really love the gallery feature and I use it all the time. So basically my question is, can I mix original sims 4 with GTW from you guys or will it mess up my game, and can I be online in origin or must I be offline when I start the game? Sorry for the silly question, I'm just curious.

Thanks,
Kassandra

Back to top Go down

Question about authentic Sims 4, with a G4TW expansion? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Question about authentic Sims 4, with a G4TW expansion? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 00:49

Hi there, @erela! Smile

Yes, you can add Get to Work to your legit base game, but the Gallery functionality will be restricted. You can only access the Gallery from the Main Menu, but it still can be used. More information on that here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

If you want the DLC to appear in your game, then Origin needs to be closed. This will make the game go Offline and you won't be able to access the Gallery. But you can just use the Gallery from the Main Menu and restart the game to get all of the DLC again and play normally.

Back to top Go down

Question about authentic Sims 4, with a G4TW expansion? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Question about authentic Sims 4, with a G4TW expansion? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 00:53

Ok, that's what I wondered. So basically go online, get everything I want. Then go offline and play. Smile Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Apr 2015, 06:08

erela wrote:Ok, that's what I wondered. So basically go online, get everything I want. Then go offline and play. Smile Thank you!

A few other essential things to add:

- by default, Origin wll start up along with Windows (unless you changed the settings), so whenever you boot up, the small Origin window prompting you to enter the Origin ID and password will come up too. If you have that window open and try to run the pirated game of TS4, you will most likely end up with an "unable to start"-error. So this small Origin log-in prompt MUST be closed too, before playing. Or you edit the Origin application settings, so that it doesn't come up at all. Smile

- If you haven't figured it out yet, please have a look at this here, and configure all your firewall/anti-virus settings:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

This is going to be very essential, in case you plan on using the Ultimate fix, on your (legit) game. Take your time for readin everything, and feel free to post back in case you have more questions. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:34

Ok, thanks Carlos I will keep that in mind. Never had that issue yet. However, I have a small issue now, it's not too important but rather annoying. Every time I stop playing the Sims 4 (as in close out of the game & exit) anytime I try to get back on, the outdoor retreat stuff & GTW items are all gone and I get the Game Data Incomplete error. The funny thing is, I don't have origin running in the background or at all, or even logged into my account. But, I can fix this by just reapplying the folders from the GTW.rar. I just wondered if there is away around moving/copying all the folders every time I decide to play the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Apr 2015, 22:22

erela wrote:Ok, thanks Carlos I will keep that in mind. Never had that issue yet. However, I have a small issue now, it's not too important but rather annoying. Every time I stop playing the Sims 4 (as in close out of the game & exit) anytime I try to get back on, the outdoor retreat stuff & GTW items are all gone and I get the Game Data Incomplete error. The funny thing is, I don't have origin running in the background or at all, or even logged into my account. But, I can fix this by just reapplying the folders from the GTW.rar. I just wondered if there is away around moving/copying all the folders every time I decide to play the game.

If you have any mods or CC for TS4, make sure they are working for the new patch version (1.5.). An initial guideline can be found here:

http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=551495&c=1&ht&page=1&pp=25#startcomments

Also, the fact that you need to re-apply the game files every time is an indicator that your "security"-software is messing with your cracked game. I know the guide that I linked to in my previous post, here again:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

May be hard to do, but it is very important. Usually, if you do it right, you only have to do this procedure once. 

If anything is unclear to you in the guide, I'll try and elaborate, but you may need to do additional research on your own (especially if you have different security software than the ones I wrote about in the guide).

And as a fun fact: it already looks like people either love this guide or hate it. Very Happy  Meaning that people usually either "get it" or they "don't". 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2015, 01:09

@Carlos
I enabled it and turned off Windows Defender, I think that was causing the issue. All of my CC is working fine as well. It works perfectly now. Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Apr 2015, 18:25

erela wrote:@Carlos
I enabled it and turned off Windows Defender, I think that was causing the issue. All of my CC is working fine as well. It works perfectly now. Thank you so much!

Very good to hear that ! Very Happy  Indeed, if you really did everything correctly, you shouldn't need to "re-do" it in the future again. And you can play on, happily. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to open a new thread, anytime. Have fun ! Topic closed. Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top